Chapter 19

Luigi was surprised that no one tried to stop him as awkwardly marched into The Oven. Maybe everyone had just forgotten about him. Luigi smiled. He hoped that was it. Luigi continued to search for Barry, Ben and Sausage. He wondered if he was in the right place. It looked like The Oven, but maybe it was a different room, that was identical to The Oven.

Luigi stopped when he heard yelling. He walked over to where the sound was coming from and saw Barry yelling as loud as he could. "This is a mistake! I'm an Order of the Slice member! Just like you guys!" In the cells next to Barry, Sausage was staring at a wall like it had murdered her entire family, and Ben was lying face down on the floor.

"Uh-Barry?" Luigi timidly approached the front of Barry's cell. Barry scowled. It looked like he wasn't doing as well as the last time he was in The Oven.

"What do you want?" Barry snapped.

"I-I want to help you," Luigi stammered. "You don't deserve to be locked up in The Oven."

The three of them stared at him. "You want to help us?" Sausage asked incredulously. Luigi nodded. "Why?"

"Because," Luigi said simply. He was the reason they were in The Oven. They all hated him, and for good reason. They got kicked out of the place they loved the most, all because of him. "Its the least I can do."

Sausage scoffed. "Well, how do plan on getting us out here smart guy?"

Luigi pulled out the keys he had stolen from Mushroom while she was arguing with Cheryl. "Maybe with these?" All three of the former Order of the Slice members watched as Luigi began unlocking their cells one by one.

Barry mumbled a thank you as he swiftly rushed out of his prison cell, Sausage was silent, but her mouth was making what Luigi guessed was a smile, and Ben hopped up from where he was laying. He looked at Luigi. "I don't get you man," And then, in a flash, Ben was gone. Luigi felt a weight lifted off his shoulders, then that weight gained about eighty pounds and slammed back onto him. What now? What if someone saw they were gone?

Luigi ran away from the scene of the crime as fast as possible. He slowed down when he got near the guards. He waved to one. "Uh-hi,"

"What were you doing back there?" The guard asked.

"J-just checkin' out my old cell." Luigi lied. The guard's eyes widened. "Oh! You're that guy!"

Luigi nodded. "Yep." The guard's expression turned disgusted. Every time someone recognized Luigi, they made that face. A blend of aggravation and disgust. Luigi slowly backed out of The Oven while the guard stared at him. His gaze felt like a thousand little needles, poking and prodding Luigi until he couldn't take it anymore. Luckily, he shuffled out of there before that happened. He still wasn't completely sure what to do now that he had freed Barry, Sausage and Ben. Could he just leave? Luigi's eyes widened in a moment of realization. He could just leave. Just walk out the door and leave this weird pizza life behind. He could find Thomas to make sure he was safe, then book it.