tobacco

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"can we get the bill please?" sapnap asks as a waitress passes their table, and dream is endlessly thankful that he didn't have to. he doesn't like talking to people he doesn't know.

she looks over, smiling at them. "of course, was everything alright for you?" she asks, collecting the three boy's plates.

"yes, thank you," sapnap answers.

"perfect, i'll be right back with your bill," she smiles.

"thanks!"

the woman walks away and george looks across the table at his friends. "i'm just going to the toilet," he tells them, sliding out of the booth.

"okay," dream says, "i'll pay and you guys can just send me the money."

george nods in agreement before swiftly leaving.

dream picks up a random straw wrapper that was on their table, fiddling with it. "you should try the hawaiian pizza here sometime," he suggests, looking over at sapnap, who's sitting beside him.

the ravenette's face scrunches a little. "nah, i don't really like pizza," he declines.

"you used to love pizza when we were younger?" dream points out.

sapnap shrugs. "yeah, i know," he says. "i think i just ate it too much as a kid and it's made me go off of it," he excuses.

dream nods understandingly. "you should still try it sometime," he says, "you might like it if you gave it a go."

sapnap hums thoughtfully, though dream can tell he isn't genuinely considering it, he's just agreeing to end the conversation, "i'll think about it."

"m'kay."

their chatter falls quiet as the waitress returns with the bill and a card reader. she hands them the paper and says, "how are you paying?"

"he'll do the whole thing," sapnap answers on behalf of both of them and she hums understandingly as she taps in the price. a moment passes before she holds it out and says, "that's all ready for you."

dream wordlessly taps his phone against the machine, waiting to hear the familiar chime before taking it away and flashing her a brief, friendly smile.

"that's all done," she chirps, tucking the machine into her front pocket. she says, "thank you for eating at aspen's!" before leaving to tend to another table.

dream puts down the crumpled straw wrapper and opens his phone, going onto the trio's group chat to text them both how much money they owe him.

"i'm sending you the money now," sapnap tells him, opening up his online banking.

dream nods, muttering a simple, "okay, cool."