protan

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"ooo, i like your bedsheets," karl says as he follows george into his room. he glances around from the doorway, taking it all in. "is blue your favourite colour?"

"yeah," george nods, sort of just standing around awkwardly in the middle of his room. "it's the colour i can see the best," he tells the other, "i'm colourblind."

"hey, no shit!" karl exclaims, his grin widening over his features, "me too!"

"really?" george questions, finding a smile on his own face as the positivity radiates off of karl. "what kind?"

"protan," karl answers.

"oh my god, same!" george chirps, laughing a little in disbelief.

"mine is like, super mild though," karl explains as he comes further into the room, pulling the door shut behind himself.

"ah, mine's severe," george tells him.

"wow," karl nods, still smiling as always, "that's so cool."

"yeah."

as the excitement simmers to a hardly-there buzz, an awkward blanket falls back over the pair of them and george remembers how fucking weird this situation is.

karl flashes george a small smile before continuing to glance around the room.

"you can sit anywhere, by the way," george's says, embarrassed by how weird and uneasy he sounds.

"thanks," the brunette speaks happily, passing george to take a seat on the edge of the bed.

george sits down at his desk, thinking it'd be weird for him to sit next to the other boy.

realistically, they aren't even friends.

in fact, everything considered, george hated karl no more than three days ago, and even now he wouldn't say he's fond.

though, he has to put that aside, since karl isn't really to blame for their uncomfortable history. sure, he didn't like how karl wouldn't leave him alone after everything happened, but then again he supposes it wasn't malicious.

george is distracted from his contemplation as karl giggles, and he looks over at the brunette from where he'd been distractingly glancing out the window.

"what?" george prompts, confused by the random outburst.

"we need to stop being so awkward," karl tells him, smiling warmly, "i mean, i've literally wanked off to a photo of your cock."

george knows that karl is trying to brighten the mood and make it less tense, but he can't help the grimace that tugs over his features, nor the way he shifts uncomfortably at the reminder.