party 2

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"george has gone home," sapnap announces, looking up from his phone and bracing himself for the heartache that dream's reaction is surely going to cause him.

the blond quickly turns back from where he is sitting on the floor, previously facing away from sapnap as they waited in silence. the blonde's eyes are wide and eyebrows furrowed, his lips parted slightly in a frown. "what?" he sounds almost breathless.

"he just texted the groupchat saying he's been sick."

dream looks nothing short of mortified and he quickly turns away from sapnap again to pull out his phone. sapnap watches from over dream's shoulder as he quickly opens the message to read it himself, as if he can't believe it and needs reassurance.

hardly quiet, dream sighs.

and maybe it has been building up for days now, but sapnap can't keep his mouth from running as he asks, "are we not friends?"

the wording's not the most eloquent, but he figures it effectively gets his question across, and dream looks back to him again, a confused expression pulled over his features.

like it's all he knows, dream repeats, "what?"

"you've been avoiding me," sapnap says it how it is, not dancing around the subject. maybe it's not the right way to go about it but he deserves some explanation from his friend, and so he's going to get some, and he's drunk. he should be treated better.

"i haven't," dream is quick to deny, looking back down at his phone.

avoiding him, again.

"dream, please," sapnap almost begs, voice akin to something of a desperate whine, which he can't bring himself to be embarrassed about. "we're best friends," he reminds him hopelessly, "i just want to know what i did!"

dream mumbles in response, "i don't want to talk about it." and, at the very least, sapnap now has confirmation that something is wrong, that there is something they could talk about.

"please?" he tries again, fruitless. "tell me how i can fix this, dream," sapnap pleas, "i just want us to be okay again."

after a moment, dream looks back over his shoulder at sapnap, and the ravenette's hope spikes in his stomach, waiting patiently for dream to give him something, anything.

"i'm going to get some water," the blond says, getting up, and sapnap watches helplessly as he leaves the room, the loud party sounds filling the space before dream seals the door shut once more, leaving sapnap alone.

the ravenette simply stares blankly at the door, heartbroken in a way he can't put a label on without thinking about feelings he doesn't want to touch on just yet.

sapnap thinks it's becoming increasingly obvious that dream's problems have surfaced from their kiss, and it hurts that someone he likes so much is repulsed by him to the extent of risking their friendship.