diagnosis

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

he watches the ravenette burst through the front door, practically collapsing onto the floor as soon as he is in the safety of his own home.

sapnap sobs loudly, ignorant to the sound of the front door being shut, or the echo of footsteps as his father runs down the stairs towards the scene.

"what happened?" bad asks worriedly as he almost sprints down the stairs, worried eyes dancing over his son's curled up, crying body where he sits on the hallway floor.

skeppy bends down to be level with his son, reaching his hand out to cup gently over sapnap's knee and looking up at bad as he stands beside them.

"the therapist says it's arfid," skeppy tells his husband with a sad sigh, trying to be mindfully quiet for their crying son, "he's officially diagnosed."

bad tuts sympathetically, squatting down to join his family on the hallway floor. he goes to hold onto sapnap's arm and the young ravenette looks up at the touch, seeing his father and throwing himself into the older man's arms.

bad holds the crying boy tightly in his embrace, stoking his hand gently up and down his son's back. "it's okay," he whispers reassuringly, "you're okay."

skeppy's hand joins bad's on their son's back as he asks, "is there anything i can do for you sap?"

"dream," the ravenette whimpers, volume lost between his loud sobs.

"you want to see dream?" skeppy asks, wanting the ravenette to specify so that he doesn't get it wrong and accidentally make things worse for him.

sapnap nods, yes, and bad hums softly in understanding. "okay sap, let's get you in bed and then i will call dream, okay?" he suggests, and the ravenette weakly nods again.

bad moves to get up, keeping his arms under sapnap's and around his back from where they'd been hugging so that he could use the hold to pull the younger boy up with him.

"come on," he encourages, hauling sapnap up onto his feet and leaning most of sapnap's weight against him as he guides him to the stairs.

sapnap makes a noise of disagreement as bad steps up onto the first stair, and the brunette looks back at his son with a questioning hum.

he mumbles, "shoes."

skeppy smiles softly and bad's face holds an equally endeared expression.

"it's okay sap," bad tells him, almost pulling the ravenette up the stairs from how weak he is from sobbing. "you're allowed shoes on the carpet, just this once," he assures, "i will get them off once you're on the bed, okay?"

sapnap hums in acceptance and skeppy watches with a sad fondness as his husband helps their son up the stairs to his room.

skeppy sighs guiltily, feeling bad for the teen, and gets to work pulling off his coat and shoes whilst he waits for them to finish up upstairs.