I posted this on ao3 too so if you want the link ask me

(I wrote this for ruikasaweek on twitter and the prompts I chose for today was cooking/baking and sleepover. Read this on ao3 as well if you'd like!)

.

.

.
Rain.

Something Rui tended to dislike. It got his stuff wet and the concrete got slippery. It was a no-go with his poor inventions. And his clothes and hair always somehow ended up soaked, which was hardly a presentable appearance.

Today, the rain came. Rather unexpectedly. Rui had clocked out from work rather early and there were no carriages around, as it was quite late (Rui's usual clockout time is later, and the carriage driver he usually books is on vacation), so he had to walk to the station... when it randomly rained. Rui had left his umbrella at home since the radio news had predicted sunny weather. Oh boy was that a lie.

Rui was a genius inventor, without a doubt. But he did have his limits. Oh, how he wished he could create something that he can rely on to tell him the weather other than the daily news. But alas, one can dream.

He ran as fast as he could. He was lucky he only worked on small robots today, so he stuffed them in a bag. He held it close to him in a desperate attempt to keep them dry. His house was still a train ride away and the rain was particularily strong today, so all routes had been cancelled to avoid accidents. That's when he heard thunder. Shit.

There was no way he could head home in this state. But then, he saw a familiar building.

Tenma's Terrific Treats, or Triple T Bakery as some of the regulars call it, was a fairy popular bakeshop in their town. It was a cozy place and owned by the Tenma family. As of right now, their eldest son happens to run the place (both mr and mrs Tenma were very busy abroad and their daughter was part of a traveling band). Luckily for Rui, he happens to be quite close with him. Fate was on his side this time as he noticed that it was open.

He ran into the building and the soft ringing of the bell seemed to alert Tsukasa, who peered from behind a wall. "Oh? A costumer? In this weather? Welco- Oh! Rui! Hi! YEESH! You're drenched!" he greeted, taken aback by how wet his dear friend was. Rui merely shook his head and realized he was dripping all over the floor. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Tsukasa-kun! uh-"

"No need to apologize. C'mon, take a shower and I'll see if I can lend you any clothes."

Rui had ended up borrowing a sweatshirt and pair of pants from Tsukasa. The pants barely reached his ankles, so he was kinda cold. Still, beggars can't be choosers and his dear friend had been kind enough to offer.

He stepped out into the main bakeshop area. Tsukasa glanced at him a bit and they both got rather flustered, seeing as Rui was wearing his clothing. I mean, who wouldn't be flustered after seeing your 'dearest friend' wearing your clothes?

Several seconds of awkward silence was removed when Tsukasa cleared his throat. "AAANYWAY... the weatherman said this might be a storm, so I might as well close early. That also means you're stuck here for a while." he stared at the shelves. "By the way, why were you open?" Rui asked. "Same reason as to why you're in town, I assume."

Rui looked at the shelves as well. They were rather empty. "Oh that reminds me! I still need to bake for some clients!" Tsukasa slammed his hands on the table and beelined to the kitchen.

The Tenmas had two kitchens. The one in the bakery and the one in their home. Their housing areas were in the second and third floor, but since they barely had any guests, they didn't have any guest rooms.