impulsive thoughts won guys

(I wanted to make this with shizuharu cause y'know. They sang the cover

But then I saw this gorgeous 🌟🎈 animatic on tiktok and I just-

I have horrid impulse control okay

Also I added my own plot, I just used shoujo rei as a basis of sorts)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Summer.

It was warm. Rui liked warm things. But why did this summer seem so cold? The tv plays an article he doesn't bother to listen to. He stares at the keychain that stays hanging on his bag.

.
.
.

Rui was quite lonely to say the least. He hasn't felt this way in a while, so why now? A voice cuts him out of his thoughts. He looks at the sunny and warm boy that he found comfort in standing next to him at the park. He asked him if anything was bothering him.

Of course, they were friends after all. It's normal for them to be concerned, right?

Rui glances at his bag. He notices that Tsukasa's keychain was gone. He felt a bit disappointed, I mean, he was the one that proposed that they wear matching keychains after all. Why break his own promise?

Whatever. He did note that Tsukasa was colder this time.

.
.
.
.

September rolled around. Summer had ended and fall was starting. It was cold. Autumn was cold, but this year it felt chillier than usual.

But the cold feeling dispersed as soon as Tsukasa stood next to Rui. Once again, his keychain was gone and he felt colder to the touch. Rui didn't speak, opting instead for Tsukasa to ask if they should head to class.

And that they did.

But Rui did feel like as soon as summer ended, it took away what little warmth he felt.

.
.
.
.

He was able to drag himself to attend a full class this time. He didn't know why, but his teacher was certainly pleased, and surprised.

He saw Nene at lunch. She went to school earlier than he did for some reason, perhaps cause she didn't want to be late. Who knows? But she looked at him concerned. She just merely gave him a "how you doing" type question. Confused, he answered that he was fine, and that he was just headed to Tsukasa's classroom. Nene's eyes widened at this response but she merely dismissed him and went to buy her own food.

Strange.

So that's where Rui went. He passed by the window and saw Tsukasa just staring out of the window with a... flower on his desk? Well that was rude. Who would do that? He should probably report the bullying but part of him told him to just leave it be. How should he? Why would he? But he gave into his mind and just left it be.

One of Tsukasa's classmates spotted him and just scratched their head. They put a hand on his shoulder with a nervous smile. "Listen man, we're sorry. You doing alright?" they asked him. "It's gonna be okay. Don't beat yourself up over it!" they continued, patting his shoulder and walking off.

What was that all about?

Once again, Rui let his mind take the better of him and he left Tsukasa alone and headed to the rooftop by himself.

.
.
.
.

Rui had a habit of being alone on the roof since middle school. He just lay on the bench. He heard a huff and opened his eyes. He found himself lying his head on Tsukasa's lap.

"Hmph. How dare you leave me to be up here all alone!" he feigned distaste as he stroked Rui's hair. He had a gentle look on his face, Rui felt himself fall right then and there. He always did. The more he stares at Tsukasa, and the more the afformentioned boy does even the smallest gesture of affection, Rui feels himself fall deeper and deeper into whatever abyss those fiery eyes bring him to.