villainkasa thoughts

(I though the jester card made him look evil so like... what if hero turned antagonist tsukasa?)
.
.
.
.

It was dark. Only the creaking of the cave was heard. There was the sound of bells. The group was on a mission to look for the missing Tenma Tsukasa, code named the "Starlight Lily", a powerful knight from the kingdom. Or at least what would've remained of him, as he had disappeared three years ago. Everyone, even the king, assumed the worst. But his friends remained hopeful that he was still alive somewhere.

And that somewhere was this cave.

"Yikes!" Rui huffed, narrowly dodging a... playing card? Puppets of all sorts started falling down and attacking the group. "What the hell is this?!" Mizuki yelped, smacking one with their blade.

This was all too familiar to Rui. This was his technology, his inventions that he thrown out. Then why were they attacking him?

Then, a loud maniacal laugh echoed through the walls. "Enjoying the show?" it mocked. "That voice...! Dammit, how could you?!"

The puppeteer revealed himself under the dim light from a crack in the cave. No way. They found him, just not the person who they thought he was.

"Senpai! It's us! What do you think you're doing?!" Toya yelled. The jester continued to laugh uncontrolably.

"Oh, your senior died a long time ago." he raised his hand as the puppets went back, revealing several strings attached to his fingers. He waved the strings and all the puppets hung behind him in a haunting fashion.

"He killed the Starlight Lily, and I turned him into a new person." he bowed. "I am no longer who I was, friends. I am simply a person who saw the atrocities of the kingdom but was never taken seriously when I told the king."

"But because you're all still people I care about, I'll let you all off lightly. Just take this as a warning." he turned away, all the puppets followed suit.

"The fool is never meant to be taken seriously."

Ah, so this was a threat. Just because he let them all off lightly this time does not garuntee that he'll do the same if they ever crossed paths again. Regardless for if he cared for them at all.

"Wait! Brother come back!" Saki begged. He didn't hesitate to leave, not even for his own sister. Not even for his friends who he practically abandoned for three years without warning. Where was that kind-hearted soul they all came to love? What happened to the times where that same maniacal laugh of his was simply an arrogant, comforting sound that was too contagious?

"Tsukasa... what happened to you?" Rui thought, staring at where the so-called fool used to stand.