22: gunshot wounds

(sorry not sorry 🤭🤭)

Reki was exhausted.

He barely thought at all while he skated home, he simply made his way there. He didn't notice the feeling of someone watching him, which was a relief. For the first time in a while, he felt almost relaxed.

He was too tired to notice the eerie silence when he walked into his house, calling out like he usually did, only becoming concerned when he got no answer.

"Cindy? Bill? Georgia?" He called, his forehead following his eyebrows and scrunching in. It's almost like there wasn't a soul in the house at all. Where had everyone gone?

"Hello?" He asked to the suspiciously quiet house.

Silence answered him, then a shuffle broke through it all, echoing from his parents bedroom. He walked over and opened the door unsuspectingly.

"Bill?" He asked as he peeked his head inside

His eyes widened in terror and his hands froze limply, letting the door open as he observed an unreal scene.

There was no way this was real.
It was staged like a movie.
Like a bad dream.
It must be a bad dream.
Just a dream.

There was so much blood. All over, spilling out of their heads, thick, red, and oozing. Bill was laying on the bed, his fingers twitching in cold muscle memory, his eyes dull and dead, Cindy was collapsed on the floor next to him, her cool blonde hair sprawled out over the carpet, stained cherry with blood and some kind of guts he hoped weren't what he thought.

Niether were breathing at all. Blood was gushing from their heads, creating puddles all over the floor.

Then from the other side of the bed, a man stood, blood smeared across his face, a gun in hand.

"Reki." The man said with a twitching smile, looming over his foster parents. The people who had loved him and cared for him without judgement. The people he'd really just begun fitting in with.

"Finally it's your turn." His father laughed, "sister. sister. sister. mother. And finally you."

"Dad-" Reki faltered, glancing at the gun in his hand and the blood splattered on his clothes. He felt like vomiting.

Then he suddenly raised his gun. Reki made a run for it the second the weapon was brought up. He heard his dad tearing after him, chasing him up the stairs, shooting missed shots that put holes into the drywall.

He had to find Georgia. He had to get her out.

He locked himself in her room before looking around and finding her also dead in her bed. Just as Bill had been.

He gagged. He didn't know when he had began to sob, but he had.

He fumbled to get his phone out of his pocket to call 911 as his dad banged on the door.

He heard the gun click as he prepared to fire it at the lock. Reki ran to her window, unlocked it, and tore it open, pushing the screen right out as he climbed onto the roof over their porch. He heard the gun shot into the metal of the lock and heard it clatter to the ground.

He screamed as his dad came running for the window.

"HELP! HELP!" he screeched. The street was empty.

"HELP!"

He was stuck on the roof and now his dad was coming out too. He had one option and that option was get down.

Reki tried to let himself down gently, but his dad got within point range, firing bullets at the fingers giving him some chance at a delicate landing.

He was shot. A searing, burning pain tore through his whole hand. He fell about 10 feet, landing on his arm other arm. He kept screaming.