Trouble

Colby's POV:

I was a little sad that Samantha couldn't go out with me. I then turned to go to my car when I noticed something shiny on the ground where Samantha was standing. I went to see what it was and I realized it was a small heart-shaped pendant. It had Onward & Upward written on the front and With love forever, mother and father on the back.

"I bet this is probably Samantha's. I guess I could text her sometime later," I said to myself as I put the pendant in my pocket. I just can't wait to see her again.

Sam's POV:

Once my stepmom picked me up, we had just gotten home and I was very nervous as to why she came for me. "So Samuel, how's that project coming along?" my stepmom asked. "Oh, um, pretty good, we're almost done actually," I responded. "Oh really? 'Cause, the twins asked your teacher about how long this project should take but he said there was no project."

My eyes widened as I realized I was caught. "So tell me, Samuel, what have you been doing these last two weeks?" my stepmom asked. I just stood there not knowing what to say when my phone buzzed. I then took out my phone to see that I got a text from Colby.

Colbs🖤

Goodnight Samantha, can't wait to see you again xxx

Before I could hide the text, my stepmom took my phone away from me. "Who's Samantha and why was she seeing Colby? Unless..You're Samantha?!" my stepmom shrieked. "What?!" my stepsisters said as they were coming down the stairs. "You're Samantha aren't you?!" my stepmom snapped at me. "Y-Yes, ma'am," I replied as I looked down. "So you think you can go dress up as a girl and be with Colby while you're stepsisters are feeling sad?!" she snapped once again.

"Well, I guess Samantha won't be able to be with Colby anymore." My eyes widened as I looked up. "There, blocked and you won't be needing this anymore cause from now on, you are forbidden to leave the house. Now go to your room while I think of a punishment for you!" my stepmom demanded. I then grabbed my bag and ran downstairs to my room. I then sat on my bed and hugged my knees as I silently cried to myself. I then remembered my pendant so I went to look for it in my bag and my eyes widened once I realized it wasn't there. I decided to ask my friends tomorrow during lunch to help me find it.

Moments later, my stepmom came and backhandedly smacked me across the face twice. She then dragged me to the closet where I was forced to sleep during the night. That night I spent it crying about how I'll never get to be with Colby ever again.

Third Person POV:

Sam was at his locker when his friends showed up. "Hey Sam," Jake greeted. "Hey," Sam sadly replied. "So what happened?" Corey asked. "My stepmom caught me," was all Sam said. Sam explained everything that happened as well as how he got his phone taken away and how his stepmom blocked Colby's number. "Dang dude, I'm sorry that happened," Jake said. "It's not your guys' fault, you guys meant well," Sam said. "Problem is that I can't find my pendant." "What do you mean you can't find it?" Corey asked.

"I can't, I checked in my bag and found nothing," Sam explained. "Don't worry bro we'll look for it after school," Jake assured him. "Ok thanks guys," Sam said. The rest of the morning, Sam was pretty bum since he can't be Samantha anymore. He noticed that Colby was also kinda upset and Sam had a feeling as to why.