Confessions

Colby's POV:

Once the cops came downstairs, I then wrapped my arm around Sam's waist and brought him close to me. "What seems to be the problem officer?" Sam's stepmom asked. "Ma'am we've been called because we heard that you were lying and stealing from this young man," the officer said. "That's absurd, I would never!" She lied. "Are you Sam?" the officer asked. Sam nodded his head as I lightly squeezed his hand to assure him that everything was going to be fine.

"Well, Sam, is it true that your stepmom stole something valuable from you?" he asked again. Sam looked between me and his stepmom. He then took a deep breath. "Y-Yes sir, she did. She took my pendant which is the only thing I have left of my parents," Sam told him. "What else did she do?" the officer asked. Sam then explained everything he's been through with his stepmom and stepsisters and how he was treated as the family servant. "She even wanted to lock me in that closet over there for a month without food or water," Sam said while pointing at the closet.

Sam also explained about the will he inherited as well as his dad's company and how his stepmom wanted to trick him so she can leave him penniless. "Fortunately son, she can't claim your will unless you personally hand it to her. But with what I heard, I doubt she'll get anything from you ever again," the officer said. "Now son, do you have a place to live until you're eighteen?" "He sure does officer," Corey said. "He's going to live with me and my family." The officer smiled as his partner not only came back with some paperwork but also with Sam's pendant and phone. "Here's the paperwork to your will and I believe this is yours," the officer said as he gave Sam his belongings. "Thank you, thank you so much."

"No problem son," with that the police left with Sam's stepmom and stepsisters. "Here allow me," I said as I grabbed his pendant. "Good thing the clasp wasn't broken," I said as I placed it around his neck. Sam smiled and slightly blushed as he looked at me. "We'll leave you two to talk," Jake said as they went to Corey's car. "Why did you come for me?" Sam asked me.