𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖞 𝖔𝖓 𝖒𝖊

There ain't no gold in this river
That I've been washing my hands in forever
I know there is hope in these waters
But I can't bring myself to swim
When I am drowning in this silence
Baby, let me in

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
I had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me

Easy On Me ~ 
Adele

6th July 2022 

Walking out of the tunnel, following behind Beth as I wore my Number 10 jersey, and I got ready to play the opening game of the tournament. 

I wrapped my arms around the girls as we sang God Save The Queen with smiles on our faces, before I jumped about with Beth, both of us extremely hyper for the start of the tournament and the game. 

And I waited for the Austrian team to pass by all of us as I shook their hands. 

Once Manu got to me we both pulled faces at each other, and we did our little fighting pose for a second as we laughed and she walked off before I shook the rest of the team's hands. 

And we got out there ready for the start of the Euro's and as the 2nd choice captain if Leah is off ever, I did the huddle speech with her. Well my part was the chant we loved to do at the end. I was holding the mantle on from all of the previous second choice captains of the Lioness'. 

And once we all screamed at the end of it, that was just my little touch, we all ran out to our places for the first match. 

And hearing the whistle blow the match was off. 

We kept pressing through the first half as I got the assist for Beth Mead as she got the first goal of the Euro's run for us. But I had ten goals I wanted to get in this tournament to become England's most prolific goal scorer in history. 

And most of the goals were from this past year, we were in top form and I was gonna show that. I wanted to show people I was a good player, well not just good, but a top class player, and that I'm not just here because of my Dad's name. 

So in the 48th minute I started on a run which I hoped could be something, but I had 3 people on my ass so I dropped the ball back to Beth as I tried to run away from the defenders and midfielders, as I lost them before Beth passed me the ball over their heads as I caught the ball on my chest. 

before I continued the run i tried to make a few minutes prior, and I got my ass up to the edge of the penalty box, in a pocket of space I knew Manu hated to defend against, as I could always score through her in this way. 

And as I was almost down, I quickly got the ball through the legs of a  defender, I honestly don't know which one but I just went with it and I carried on just getting the ball through the blind spots of Manu. 

So when she jumped she was late on grabbing the ball. 

I ran to the corner I was closest to and I spread my arms out as Beth jumped on my back with a smile as she kissed the back of my head for some reason. 

And I just did the number 10 with my hands. Not just to signify me as a player, but also I had ten goals to get and I did it. 

And I turned it into a 9 removing my thumb with a smile. It was one down, nine to go for me. 

~~

At the end of the match the only goals scored were the two from me and Beth, and we were bussing we started this campaign off right. 

And I went for my first interview of the tournament of the Euro's as I stood next to Fara with a smile as we were trying not to fuck about. 

"Right, not that celebration what was that all about." This was the part of th interview I was sort of expecting.