𝖎 𝖌𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖎'𝖒 𝖎𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊

Oh I'm obsessed 
With the way your head is laying on my chest 
How you love the things I hate about myself that no one knows 
But with you I see hope again 

Oh I'm a mess 
When I overthink the little things in my head 
You seem to always help me catch my breath but then I lose it again 
When I look at you, that's the end 

I Guess I'm In Love ~ 
Clinton Kane

Playing against Sweden in the Semi Final of the Euro's honestly was a worrying game for me. It was the final step before the final for us. And I was gonna make sure we would win it. 

And having attempts on goal was a lot, and we dominated the Swedish Women. A sentence I never thought I'd say. 

But I was passed the ball back by Georgia as I was just at the halfway line, and there was no one around me. So I honestly just went for it I wanted to get it clear away from us.

And I didn't really care where it went as I watched Chloe run forward to collect the ball with Georgia not far behind her.

But honestly that ball was aimed for the goal, because I wanted to get it as close to the net as possible.

But weirdly, neither girl needed to get to that ball, because even from the midline of the pitch, the ball got to the cross bar and I could hear the roar of the crowd as my eyes widened and I saw the net move.

But Georgia and Chloe hadn't touched the ball. So I just ran and went wild as I had just scored from a mass distance.

So I sprinted across the pitch to the subs bench as I jumped on top of Kiera and Lauren screaming, this basically just confirmed our win here at the semi finals. It was literally a goal from freaking fifty plus meters out.

"What the hell was that?" Ella and Lessi asked as she now jumped onto my back.

"I don't know!" I shouted as I ran with the girls cheering as we got ready for the next part of the match. 

"TWO TO GO!!!!" I screamed even louder at the girls 

~~

I knew my time to get subbed off was coming soon, as I watched Jill warm, up and I had been told at half time that she would take my place. 

So with my last few touches I had to make it count, as Chloe sent the ball my way. And she kicked the ball towards the keeper, but before the keeper could get a touch onto the ball, my foot was at the ball, kicking it between her legs, laughing as there was no stopping the ball. 

And I did one finger as I laughed with the girls, not really celebrating. 

~~

I stood in the empty stadium, standing in the goal where I scored my most recent worldie. Like I had one more goal until I broke the England scoring record. 

The stadium was silent, which was so unusual, compared to the hustle and bustle that it was not only a few hours ago. But it meant I heard everything around me. 

I enjoyed the peace while it lasted, as even though my dad thinks he is a gazelle, he really isn't. 

And I turned to look at him, as a small smile lit up my features. 

"Hey." I told my dad a smile lighting my face up. 

"Hey, Euro's finalist!" Dad told me as he hugged me close lifting me up of the floor. 

"I'm so proud of you." He told me as he kissed my forehead. I didn't want to get emotional but I was struggling with that a lot right now. 

"Thanks pops." I told him, us just hugging like we hadn't been able to recently. Like I missed him a lot while away on camps, like once every week or once every two weeks, me and Viv literally have a meal with my family. I missed him so fucking much. 

"You make me more and more proud every day." Dad told me as we stood next to each other, looking around the stadium. 

I was trying more and more not to shed any tears. "You might have me as an inspiration but your my inspiration." 

"What?" I snapped my head round to look at my dad as we both had tears in our eyes. 

"Yeah, you have done so many amazing things with your life. And I wish and want to be half the man and woman you are." He told me as he side hugged me. 

"Dad just be you, I'm following your example." I told him as I hugged him back awkwardly from the side. 

"I'm so proud of everything you've done in your career but nothing makes me prouder than knowing your my daughter." Dad told me as I could hear the tears and the croaks in his voice. 

"Dad, don't cry. That's my job." I told him as I finally was accepting my emotional side for once. Only took me how long, like 25 years. 

"I'm just worried one day you're gonna forget about me and leave me in the dust." He told me as my hair hit him in the face as I snapped my head to look at him. 

"And dad, your always gonna my dad. I'm always gonna be your little girl." I told him. 

"The girl you used to throw onto your shoulders, so I could watch the football at a live match. Or the girl who you taught how to be a forward then I was only 2." I told him trying not to cry. 

"Well how about one last game for your old man." He told me as I nodded. 

Two forwards playing against each other was fun, as we were pulling out all the stops to beat each other. With me beating my dad, mostly cos of my age and I still play. But he kept me on my toes, and almost won.