| Chapter 5 |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language or Jake's inner thoughts or narration)
-

As soon as Jake came back to his senses after falling to the ground, he untied the bolo rope that was attached to his legs, setting him free. All of a sudden, many Na'vi warriors appeared from the shadows in direhorses, or Pa'li, as the Na'vi call them.

Seeing this, Jake panicked, pulled out his dagger, and tried to run the other way but was only met with the receiving end of bows and arrows from warriors who were on foot. Warriors surrounded the Avatar, so in surrender, he dropped his knife and chuckled nervously. He raised his hands in the air, hoping he didn't die here after everything he's endured so far in this forest.

Y/n eventually reached the ground where Jake and the warriors were. She walked around, trying to tell them to lower their guard. "Mawey, Na'viya! Mawey!" (Calm, people, calm!) Y/n said sternly to the warriors both on foot and on direhorses. Recognizing who she is, they lowered their bows but were still wary.

Seeing this happen, Tsu'Tey got off of his Pa'li and walked towards Y/n and Jake. The Na'vi princess walked over to Tsu'Tey before he was able to get to Jake and stood in front of the warrior in a protective stance towards Jake.

"Ma Tsu'tey! Kempe si nga?" (What are you doing, Tsu'tey?) Y/n asked in annoyance. She knew that she had to have come back before sundown, but she hoped Tsu'Tey understood that she could understand that she could take care of herself otherwise.

"These demons are forbidden here. And you should have come back before sundown. Neytiri is already aware of this as well, and she's waiting to talk to you back at Hometree" Tsu'Tey spat, looking at Jake first and then directing his words toward you. Realizing what he said, you groaned in frustration. Y/n knew she would receive an earful from her sister, and she was not looking forward to it.

"There has been a sign! This is a matter for the Tsahik" Y/n said sternly, making Tsu'Tey's eyes narrow. It was easy to tell that he wasn't happy about the fact that you didn't come through with your end of the deal by coming home early, but on top of that, brought an outsider with you as well.

Tsu'Tey huffed, then proceeded to walk back to his Pa'li. "Bring him," He said, and that was all the other warriors needed to hear before grabbing Jake.

"What's going on?" Jake asked, looking panicked and terrified when this happened, so he turned to Y/n for comfort, and you gave him a small smile in return to hopefully ease his nerves.

Tsu'Tey turned to Y/n and then gestured with his head towards an extra Pa'li he brought for her. Even if he was upset at her, that didn't change the fact that she was a close friend.

Y/n got on her direhorse and then followed after Tsu'Tey back to Hometree. She wanted to explain what was happening to the Avatar, but she couldn't. However, she will protect him from anything happening to him.

Jake was being dragged away by the warriors and he kept turning back to Y/n for help. "Wait! What's happening? Hey!" Jake exclaimed. He had no idea what was going on.

Not only did he not understand the language at all, but the girl who has helped him all this time could not give him an answer at that moment. He just had to pray that he was not being taken to be executed and his paranoia was just all in his head.

On the way back to Hometree, Tsu'Tey was at the front leading the group and you were right behind him. Soon after crossing the bridge and riding up the path that led to the entrance of Hometree, Y/n hopped off her Pa'li and wasted no time in heading over to Jake and grabbing his hand.

Both of them feel those sparks once again while leading him through the crowd. Other Na'vi started to move away in fear of the Sky Person, while others got close to take a closer look at Jake curiously.