| Chapter 10 |

-
Italics: (Na'vi language or Jake's inner thoughts or narration)
-

War had finally started between the Omaticaya Na'vi and the Sky People. After Eytukan and the rest of the tribe were told about what happened back in the Tree of Voices, and about the fact that they were getting closer, this only made the clan rally angrily.

At the main entrance of Hometree, Eytukan, Mo'at, and Tsu'Tey were surrounded by warriors and other villagers who were taking part. Grace was watching all of this happen in her Avatar form, concerned about the situation that has created and presented itself.

You and Jake had just made it back to Hometree, and your headache subsided on the way there, which made Jake feel extreme relief knowing you weren't in pain anymore at least for the time being. Eventually, you convinced Jake to let you walk by yourself since he was holding onto you the entire time. He let you down but still walked into Hometree with his hands intertwined with yours.

Walking in and seeing the chaos, that had ensued. In the corner of her eye, Neytiri turned to see Y/n walking in with Jake. She sighed in relief that she was okay and wasn't in the eye of the storm from all the danger in the forest.

"Tsu'Tey will lead the war party!" Eytukan proclaimed, making the warriors in the crowd raise their bows and arrows into the air with a war cry. Tsu'Tey raised his weapon and did the same thing, yipping with the other warriors. Not wanting the situation to escalate more than it already has, Grace walked through the crowd until she was at the front.

"Stop, please!" She started speaking in Na'vi as everyone's attention was now on her. "This will only make it worse" She warned, knowing what her kind was capable of doing.

Tsu'Tey was not happy with this. "You do not speak here!" He spat, pointing his bow at Grace. Turning back towards the people, Tsu'Tey continued. "We will strike them in the heart!" He yelled, raising his bow above his head again, sparking war cries from the others.

Y/n led Jake through the crowd with their hands still together. The two of them stepped forward, gaining the attention of the villagers, Tsu'Tey, your parents, and Neytiri.

"Tsu'Tey, don't do this!" Jake warned, letting go of you and peacefully trying to approach the future Olo'eyktan. Tsu'Tey only seethed in anger and stormed over to Jake. "You!" He pointed in anger towards the Avatar, charging at Jake. It bothered him that he saw the two of you holding hands, but he didn't feel something for you romantically, it was because he cares about you as a friend and failed to protect you from getting close to a Sky Person.

He knew the two of you had disappeared together the night before, and now that you two returned holding hands, it was not hard to make the connection of what happened.

"Listen, brother," Jake started, putting up his hands defensively, not wanting to fight Tsu'Tey, but the warrior had different plans. He got Jake and forcefully pushed him down to the ground, all the while you had to stand in between the two men to keep him from getting to Jake and hurting him.

Tsu'Tey was angry. Very angry. "You mated with this woman?" He spat with a face full of hatred, his voice cracking at the end of his sentence. Grace's eyes widened at what she just heard, and so did the others around the crowd.

"Oh, shit," Grace said, not liking what she was hearing. Everything was just spiraling into chaos and it would only get worse from here on out. She knew that after the talk she had with Jake, something would happen between you two, but she didn't expect this.

Y/n felt a hand come onto her shoulder, seeing her sister Neytiri look at her with a facial expression that indicated that she wanted to know if it was certain was Tsu'Tey said. You looked away from your sister, looking down, but that gave her the answer she needed. Instead of moving away, Neytiri stayed close to Y/n's side. She did not disapprove, because if this man made her sister happy, it didn't matter if he was from the Sky People, she would support you and the decision you made.