𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

chapter fourteen
night flight

chapter fourteennight flight

DRAGONSTONE

132 AC

DEAR HELAENA,
I'm not able to express in words how much I miss your company and your voice. I know it's been barely two weeks and that we have already written each other two times, but I was so used to having you by my side that not being able to talk to you in person is heartwretching.
I'm loving Dragonstone so far! And I have some grear news. Jace and I finally get along well, apparently he was just afraid I was mad at him for the Accident that took place at Driftmark, but of course I am not. I know it was not his fault and the scar on my temple is barely visible. Everything is good between us and I'm beyond relieved. I was so content to find the childhood friend I missed so dearly. This evening, after supper, we are scheduled to meet. Jace said he will let me near Vermax, so I can get to know him. I'm incredibly excited by the idea of seeing the dragon, which has probably grown a lot since the last time I saw him.
Baela came to visit, as long as Princess Rhaenys. It is a shame that Baela doesn't live with us, but Moondancer is large enough to be mounted now so she can fly to us whenever she wants, as long as she gets her grandmother's permission. Rhaena misses her a lot, naturally. I do not have any blood siblings, but I can understand her feelings since I am as well separated from you, and as you know I consider you as a sister. Although, they hare twins, so it must be even harder from them.
Luke is a troublemaker. Just this morning, I caught him and Joffrey trying to pull off a prank to Rhaena, but little Joffrey was too noisy and the two boys were soon discovered. Rhaena chased them for the whole Castle and only Baela was able to stop the argument.
Aegon is incredibly sweet. He's not even two years old, but I do believe he looks a lot like his father, at least in the appearance. As you know, Princess Rhaenyra is pregnant with another child. Baela, Rhaena and I ― as well as Rhaenyra, I'm pretty sure of this ― are hoping for a girl, but the only things that truly matters is that the baby will be healthy. He or she will be born in shortly two months from now, and I cannot wait.
I believe I've already talked enough about me. How are you feeling? Is pregnancy treating you good so far? Tell my little niece and nephew that I won't forgive them if they are making you worry as they are still in the womb. There will be plenty of time for it later. I have no clue if it's allowed in your condition, because I know very few facts about pregnancy, but I would love to see you soon. Rhaenyra already sent you an invitation and I'm begging you to accept. You would love it here.
I beg you to convey my greetings to all your family. I hope they're doing well. If you can, tell Aemond that even though I know he doesn't agree with my decision, I hope that this won't cause a deep disagreement between us. We have managed to get along well so far and I wouldn't want to ruin that. I tried to tell him, but he didn't answer to my letters. I also hope the King is doing better. I wrote to him as well, in order to thank him for the great opportunity he gave me, but I don't know if he read it. Please, let me know.
I truly can't wait to see you again, Hel.
Love,
Your Sister Ella