𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐚 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬

chapter thirty-one
a sky full of stars

chapter thirty-onea sky full of stars

KING'S LANDING

134 AC

    THE QUEEN'S BALLROOM HAD BEEN FAIRLY DECORATED for the occasion – the wedding of the future Heir to the Iron Throne was a great deal, and had to be celebrated in the appropiate way. The whole hall had been adorned with black and red's gardlands, the colors of the Targaryen family, as the symbol of the three-headed dragon stood proudly in every corner of the room. White flowers had been put on the table and the chairs and golden marbles had been mixed with the bouquets, while candles lighted up the dark room. The amount of food on the table was definitely too great for the family alone. Meat, fish, fruit, vegatables, water and wine ― everything anyone could ask for was on that table. Rhaella observed the scene before her with an amazed look on her face, earning a smile from Jacaerys, that could look at nothing but her for the whole time.

    “Do you like it?” Rhaena whispered after their entrace, clealry a bit nervous.

   Rhaella was at loss of words and simply nodded, pulling her friend into a hug and whispering words of gratitude without any kind of coherence. She felt tears forming her eyes, happiness overwhelming her in a way she couldn't describe. Of course, Baela was pulled into the hug as well, and the three girls just standed there for a moment, lost in each other's embrace. Everyone of them was aware that, while Rhaella's greatest wish had come true and they had to celebrate, things were going to be a quite different from that moment. Rhaella had begun a new chapter of her life ― a chapter that saw her a wife and a mother one day. A chapter that saw her as a future Queen.

    After that, everyone took a seat. Viserys had taken a seat at the center of the table, Rhaenyra and Daemon on his left and Alicent and Otto on his right. Helaena sat next to Aemond, who had taken the other place as the head of the table ― very far from Lucerys ― Aegon on her other side. Jace had to sit beside him and of course Rhaella had taken the seat right next to her husband, with Baela on her other side. Luke was sitting next to Baela, Rhaena placing herself between her bethrored and her father. Princess Rhaenys had excused herself and had decided to go to rest in her chambers – she and the children were the only ones missing.

    “You look wonderful, sister” Helaena said, squeezing her hand before heading towards her seat.

    “Thank you so much, Hel” Rhaella replied fondly.

    After a prayer by the Queen was made ― a prayer that wished loved and prosperity to the people sat at the table, and rest to Vaemond Velaryon, which caused Daemon to look up ad roll his eyes ― the King decided to speak.

    “It is an occasion of celebration, it seems” Viserys said. “My grandson Jace has married my niece, Rhaella, and they will make a fine King and Queen one day. May the Gods bless your union with love and many children to come  My grandson Luke will marry his cousin Rhaena, to strengthen the bond within our houses. A toast to both of these young couples”