𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬

chapter fifteen
every targaryen does

chapter fifteenevery targaryen does

DRAGONSTONE

132 AC

    “I'M BORED” Rhaella complained, closing the book she had been trying to read for the past hour ― but it wasn't as interesting as she had hoped. It was supposed to be a book about the history of Old Valyria, and Rhaella hoped to find something about the gifted people Baela had talked her about, but she didn't find anything useful.

    It had been a week and a half since Jace had taken Rhaella on her first flight on Vermax. Baela was supposed to already be back on Driftmark, but Princess Rhaenys had allowed her to stay for about a month, understanding that the girl needed to spend some time with her sister and her cousin. Everyone was cleary over the moon for that, especially Rhaena.

    Baela's presence managed to take everyone away from their regular activities for a while, but after a week Rhaenyra had declared they had to start attending their lessons again. Rhaella liked studying High Valyrian and the history of the Seven Kingdoms, however she wasn't exactly able to focus if it was sunny outside. She would much rather feel the sunlight on her skin, running free nearby the Castle, laughing with her friends. Luckly for her, Rhaenyra had accepted her request to let her train with the sword along the boys, so she got to spend a some time at the beach during the day.

    Rhaena sighed. “Me too. It's not fair that the boys get to spend time with their dragons while we're stuck inside”

    Jace and Luke were with Vermax and Arrax, flying around the island as they often did at least once a day if the weather was fine. Jace had asked Rhaella if she wanted to join him, and she really wanted to, but she felt bad at the thought of leaving Rhaena alone. Baela had Moondancer, but she decided not to fly that day for the same reason. Unfortunately, only Vermax was large enough to saddle two ― Moondancer was close, but not there yet ― so they had to adjust in this way until the situation would change.

    The girls had decided to spend the afternoon in the library trying to study some more, hoping to get a free day if they showed the Maesters they were interested and had made progress. The idea was a great one, but the realisation didn't match it at all. Rhaella quickly abandoned the manual of High Valyrian to read what she hoped would be a more interesting book, while Rhaena stood near one of the windows for the whole time, watching Vermax and Arrax flying around. Baela was the only one still focused on her task.

    “It's not their fault if they have dragons” Rhaella said.

    “I know” Rhaena said. “I still think it's not fair”

    “We should go to the village” Baela declared, getting both Rhaella's and Rhaena's attention.

    “What?”