𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞: 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

chapter twenty-nine
lord of the tides

chapter twenty-ninelord of the tides

KING'S LANDING

134 AC

    THE MORNING CAME SOONER THAN RHAELLA HAD HOPED. She felt like she had only fallen asleep when a ray of sunshine lightened her face, making her hum and shift under the covers. Keeping her eyes closed, she pulled the sheets all over her head, pressing herself against the comfortable source of warmth next to her.

    Jacaerys. Memories of the previous night came back to her mind ― Jace's lips on hers, his heavy breath on her skin, their bodies entangled in a perfect embrace, pleasure overwhelming both of them in a way she could have never imagined. If she had always believed they were made for each other, now she had the proof, and she never wanted to feel something different than Jace's touch on her body.

    Rhaella felt like it had been too good to be true. She was scared she had been dreaming the whole time and was now afraid to open her eyes and realise that, in truth, it had been just a fantasy. She heard a chuckle coming from next to her, Jace's laugh so recognisable that she found herself to hope that maybe it hadn't been just a dream. Maybe, it was all true.

    Rhaella slowly opened her eyes and pulled the sheets away from her head, finding a smiling Jace laying on his side, his head resting on his palm, staring at her. “Goodmorning, sleepyhead” he whispered, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. “Why were you hiding under the sheets?”

    The relief she felt at his sight was hard to describe. Jace was truly there, laying next to her, and their naked limbs were still entangled in each other. She closed her eyes, buring her head into his bare chest and inhaling his scent. He smelled like home. “The light was bothering me” she mumbled.

    Jace let out another chuckle. “Of course. Bad light. Should we punish the sun for rising at such an early hour?”

    “Shut up” she replied at her joke, but she was in fact smiling. “I want to sleep, we went to bed late”

    “Oh yeah, I wonder why is that” he said, amusement clear in his voice. “It didn't seem to me you exactly wanted to sleep last night, Ella”

    Rhaella blushed, thanking the Gods for the fact that Jace could not see her reddening cheeks. The previous night, they both had been very eager to continue to explore each other's bodies, and they hadn't exactly stopped after the first time they made love. Rhaella had lost the count of how many times Jace had made her scream his name in pleasure ― and he now seemed to be a little too proud of that.

    “You're getting a little bit too confident, you know?” she said, finally raising her head to meet his sparkling eyes.

    “I thought you liked me being confident” he replied, grinning.