~trouble~

In the past few weeks of being one of the na'vi I learnt that the big guy was called Quaritch, we all got put in trailers for our home area, we had a single bed each with a bedside table.
Quaritch put me next to him so he can "keep an eye on me" in my sleep, really?

We did 4 hours of intense training everyday followed by survival tips and studying some dude called Jake Sully and his attacks on our trains and equipment. Who could blame them really? This was their planet with their family, not ours. I planned to go soon, I had the skills I needed to survive out there on my own.

I was going to go tonight.

All of us stood at the end of our beds, waiting to be allowed asleep, I had my lock picks ready and I looked around to see everyone's tired faces and one familiar pair of narrowed eyes.
My ears slightly went back at him and I saw this cheeky little grin appear across his lips and it really irritated me so much. But tonight, I needed to keep an eye on him too, he was going to be difficult to escape from. Some nights he wouldn't sleep because he thought the unusual amount of birds there were was wierd and didn't want to take risks. Yes, he is ridiculously paranoid, and I can't blame him (to a certain extent) he knows something is up with me, yet doesn't have a clue what my plans are.

I laid down and wrapped the cover around myself like I usually do and decided to play with my hair for an hour. I listened to everyone's breathing change as they reached the REM stages and I decided to make a move, I carefully climbed from the comfort of my bed and slowly took steps towards the door and knelt down at the padlock. I managed to get the first 3 clicks before what must've been the biggest crack ever.
I froze and held my breath for a moment, listening to anyones breathing change as I slowly but my 2nd and last pick in the lock. As I finally heard the last click, midway through my breath of relief, I felt a big blue hand stroking my hair and I jumped out of my skin!

I already knew who it was and I also knew that I was fucked if I didn't leave now.
"And what do you think you're doing?" He pulled my hair back so I made eye contact.
"Would you believe me if I said practicing?" I asked, looking up into his glowing eyes.
He raised an eyebrow at me, leading me outside to the side of the trailer.

"Why did you want to be out here?" He barked at me.
"Fresh air?" I could here my question my own answer.
"At least make it sound believable" he came closer and closer toward me until I was backed up against the trailer. I had to tilt my head to look up at him and he placed one hand next to my head and leant over me.
"Well? You should know you can't fool me sweetheart" His body was nearly touching mine now and his eyes seemed to be watching my soul .
I tried to say word but I just kept stuttering.
"That's adorable" Quaritch leant close to my face.
The idea hit me, I didn't know if it could work or not but it was worth a try.

I slowly looked him up and down before pulling up my gaze to lock in with his eyes, I felt his hands touch and wrap round the bottom of my neck as I grinned at him.

"So why did you drag me out here again?" I raised my hands onto his waist as I watched a surprised grin appear on his face.
I felt his grip loosen around my throat and as fast as I could I pulled away and sprinted, through the dark air and through the leaves, I got over the fence and into the jungle.
Quickly I turned around to see an angry Quaritch quickly chasing after me. I winked goodbye to him before making my way deeper and deeper into the jungle.