~Adapt~

"If you even try lying to me, or deciding you want to switch sides again. I am going to kill you" I told him, firmly. "You know I will"
"I thought you was going to last time" He looked down and met my gaze "I brought you something"
I narrowed my eyes.
"I figured you'd want one" He handed me a pack of cigarettes.
My eyes instantly lit up. I hadn't smoked in over 3 months, I found the stash in the old trailer and smoked them all. I opened the pack and lit one.
"Thank you" I Said, smiling.
It felt so good to have the nicotine rushing to my lungs.
Quaritch smiled back at me before looking to the sky, I couldn't help but notice his sharp jawline.

Finishing my cigarette, I sighed and stretched my arms out, feeling tired. That's when Harikēn must've read my mind, pushing me with her powerful tail so I stumbled forward, straight into Quaritch.
Catching me in his strong arms, he looked down into my eyes.
We met eachothers gaze and I stared into his dark yellow eyes, his scent back with me and his big blue hands comfortably warm. Stuck and unable to move from his arms for a minute, I started to feel my cheeks warm up and I quickly stood up with nervous laughs.
"Sorry about that, Harikēn... she-"
"You wanted a hug that bad?" He let out a small smirk, probably noticing my blue cheeks are now red.  "cmon, there's some black clouds, we need to get in some shelter"

Not knowing what to say, I was speachless. He'd never smirked at me before, and if I'm being honest with myself, he could do that again anytime.
I just nodded, trying not to make eye contact while leading him to the old trailer. Sitting on the floor where I usually sat, I started to hear rain on the roof and hand signalled Harikēn from the window to go find shelter.

Minding our own business for a while, Quaritch was looking around, seeing what I've done for the past year, I was mind mapping my plan for my home in Pandora. I began shivering after about 20 minutes.

"Here" Quaritch passed me his jacket.
"Are you sure?" I asked as he placed it on my shoulders. "Aren't you cold?"
"I'm not really that cold, but yeah I'm sure" He smiled warmly and I smiled back to him.

He was so comforting when he wanted to be. But I had his scent back and as warm and comforting as it already was, it made me crave him more.
"Where should I sleep?" He asked, yawning.
"I usually sleep over there" I told him, pointing to the back corner "but it does get freezing in here on a night"
"Would I be okay to share the corner?" He asked.

I hesitated. I was waiting for him to ask that so I could say yes, but what if this was just part of his mission and the same thing was going to happen like in the forest? I didn't want to seem naive, but at the same time I did want his arms around me, maybe then I wouldn't be so cold all the time. But I felt like I was being mean if I said no.

I nodded and walked over the corner where all the blankets where, over the months I managed to stitch them together so they where big enough for my avatar.
I later down first and he did next to me, it was awkward again, we knew that we both wanted to cuddle, but didn't know if we should or not.

We just had that annoying little gap between us , it was quite literally annoying though, there was cold air going up my back that kept making me shiver.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, placing his hand on my arm.
"Yeah, you?" I turned over to my back and finally that little gap had gone.
"Am I okay to just.... get comfy?" He asked, hesitantly.
I wondered why he was so hesitant "yeah sure"

He sat up and took off his shirt.
I never thought I'd ever have a dude this fine, wanting to spend the night with me. I was just as bad as the creeps back on earth but I couldnt help looking. I watched him stretch out and I could see all of his muscles, his biceps where huge.
Laying back down next to me, he came close, he was so warm and surprisingly soft skin. I snuzzled close as he put his arm under my head like a pillow.

Laying his arm around my waist, he traced circles on my back with his fingers. I was lead with my head on his arm and face close to his chest, I finally felt warm. His arms felt like a shield and while I was in them, nothing would hurt me.

His face hadn't changed, his face yes where just closed but he somehow looked like he had a small grin. I closed my eyes and join him in a deep sleep.