Eight

~Felix's POV~

I watch as the animal feeding leader stitches up my mate's back, she's getting a blood transfusion because an angry ghost attacked her. She has scars on her face and back, it was horrible to watch. She came home with cracked ribs and a broken arm, now her shoulder was dislocated so it had to be popped back into place and scars on her face and back.

"She needs rest" he finishes stitching her up "she lost a lot of blood, I'll inform her father that she was attacked by an animal" he leaves then.

I stroke my mate's hair, I don't like this. Her ability to see ghosts, I just...I just can't handle this. How can I protect her from things I can't see. "It's going to be alright" Demetri is beside me "she's going to be alright"

"How can I help her?" I ask "she can see things I can't, how can I protect her from ghosts?"

"We just need to find someone who can help her" Demetri puts his hand on my shoulder "but forget about ghosts for a moment, I don't trust the Cullens. Neither does your mate" yes, she was terrified as she was here with them. Especially after she saw a ghost, that ghost most likely warned her about the Cullens.

"I want her out of Forks" I shake my head "I don't care, I don't want her here"

"That's why I booked a room at the Fairbank" he says "let's go now, the father is coming up now" I look out the window and see her birth father. I pick my mate up and run out of the house with her, following Demetri to the hotel.

Once here, we go up the stairwell to the room. As we enter, I set my mate on the bed while Demetri answers his phone. "Please baby" I whisper to her "come back to me"

"That was Carlisle" Demetri sits on the couch "he wants us to bring Cassie back, that her father is demanding to know where she is"

"What did you tell him?" I ask

"That he better lie since there was no way you'd let anyone, much less Cassie's father near her" closing my eyes, I think about my first kiss with Cassie. How it was her first kiss, her smile. "I doubt true loves kiss will work during this" I hear someone groan, opening my eyes I see Cassie's eyes flutter open "I could be wrong"

Cassie looks around tired "Felix?" She looks at me, I smile kissing her again. Pulling back, she giggles looking up at me "I can get use to an eternity of just kissing you"

"Oh sweetie" I growl at Demetri as he is smirking on the couch "Felix will be doing many things other than kissing you" she blushes at that "even before your turned"

"Um, how long have I been asleep?"

"A few hours" I tell her cupping her face, smiling as I look at her "your father has been demanding to see you"

She bites her lip "I don't"

"You don't?" I am confused looking at Demetri who tilts his head looking at my mate.

"I don't want to see him" Cassie cries "I hate him, I just...I don't want to see him right now"

"And you won't"

"But you still need to go to school" Demetri speaks up, we look over at him "I'm serious, you can't be a high school drop out"

"Fine but I'm not going to see him" Cassie mutters

"That's also why I've been enrolled" we give him a look "I'm young enough to pass for someone in their senior year of high school, plus I'll be able to keep an eye on Cassie for you Felix"

"Hi Cora" the little girl ghost that she's been talking to, I look over and see that the girl is by Demetri. Cassie blushes "no Cora and since when did you know things like that?"

"What is the ghost saying?" Demetri asked

"She wants to know when Felix and I will start trying to have a baby" I am quiet, I can't give her that. What if my mate wants a family? Or anything like that?