Twenty-Three

"Hello" I smile when our bridal consultant is before us-Jane surprised me with a trip to New York at Kleinfied Bridal with her, Leah, Rosalie, Lauren and my little sister Lyla "I'm Callista, who's the bride" I raise my hand and we shake hands "so who do we have with you today?"

"My little sister Lyla, my friends who I consider sisters Leah, Lauren, and Rosalie" I introduce "and finally my soon to my sister in law Jane"

"And your mom?" She asks "is she in the bathroom or"

"She's not invited to the wedding" it's plain an simple.

"Oh" she says "well, why don't you tell me a bit about your wedding?"

"The theme is starry nights" I tell her, we were going to go with a winter wedding but then we decided against it because when I saw on Pinterest this theme of starry nights I fell in love with it "it'll be very magical"

"Okay" she then asks "what's your budget?"

"Unlimited, we have one dress already but" Rosalie tells her.

"How about we start with five thousand" I suggest "find dresses there then work our way to...unlimited"

"Okay but you've mentioned before a dress and I've got to ask if you have a dress" she asks "then what brings you in?"

"The dress is the ceremonial dress" Jane tells her "my family's side is very conservative so we got a dress for that"

"But for the reception" I explain "I want something that will make jaws drop"

"Okay" she nods her head "so, what do you imagine yourself in?"

I blush while my friends laugh "I can't really tell you since I don't know the difference between those big poofy dressed and those right ones"

"Then it's a good thing I'm here to help" she smiles "come on, let's find a dress" she and I go off and find some dresses.

After three dresses-one a mermaid, one an a line whatever that means, and finally a Cinderella dress do we go try them on. "So" putting me into the mermaid dress first "What do you think?"

"It's nice" I say "maybe a bit old fashioned with the sleeves"

"Well the sleeves do come off" she takes them off and I nod my head "want to show them?" I nod my head and we leave.

The girls look over and I smile showing them, standing on the small podium I look at the mirror "so, what are you thinking?"

"I don't like it" shaking my head "I don't know, it just doesn't feel like me" turning around "girls?"

"Hey guys" we see a guy come over "I'm Randy, anything I can help you with?"

"Maybe" I say then Elizabeth points and I look over to see a dress that I love "that dress"

"Which dress?" Randy asks

"The one on the mannequin" I say pointing, going over he checks out the price tag before coming back over.

"That one?" He asks "it's over fifty thousand dollars"

"Let her try on the dress" Leah orders

"Okay" he says "let's get you in the dress" when we go back, I try on the dress and gasp.

Tears are in my eyes "it's beautiful" I say "it's perfect"

"Let's go show them" I leave, going to them the girls gasp seeing the dress.

"Oh my god" Lauren gasps "that is perfect"

"Felix'a jaw will drop when he sees you in this" Lyla cries taking photo's "can we see a veil?" A veil is placed on my head.

"It's perfect" Rosalie pulls out her credit card "we're buying it"

"Okay" nodding his head "but I'm confused, five thousand to fifty?"

"Her budget is unlimited" Rosalie tells him "Cassie just didn't know what she wanted so she put an amount down before working her way up"

"Okay" nodding his head "thank you for the explanation"