12. Lost

Erick smiled to himself. He was able to keep her on her toes. He knew she was Yasmine Meyers, no matter how much she tried to deny it.

Erick was fortunate he had Jerry set up a stakeout. It was sheer coincidence that Jerry was able to find her. It was like she just walked into his radar. She had entered a restaurant to buy some food to go in the late evening. Jerry immediately recognized her as the girl with the hair the colour of carrots and lime green eyes some days ago with Patrick. Immediately he called Erick.

"Boss, I've found her," He said into the phone.

"Found who?" Erick asked through the receiver.

"The lady you were talking about boss, the one with lime green eyes and carrot like hair." He said. "The girl we almost hit late at night. She's right in a restaurant in front of me now."

"She is?" Erick said.

"Yes boss."

"Good. If you're sure she's the one, tail her for me regularly and let me know of her daily schedule. Thanks for telling me Jerry."

"Okay boss," Jerry said and hunged up.

Jerry did tail her for a whole week, even though the girl was oddly specific enough to hide herself and her identity as if she knew she was being followed. She was very clever, but not clever enough to stay away from Jerry's radar.

And Jerry was able to follow her up on her daily routine. First school, then she comes out around 6 in the evening and always passed different streets which oddly led to one particular place - Là Calantrò.

It was quite a catch for Erick. He had wanted to give up on the search for the mysterious girl he saw, and she just showed up her self, perfectly. Erick had Jerry find out her name, and he was able to get it when she visited her mother at the hospital. She had given her name at the hospital reception.

There, Erick found out everything he needed to know about her, even up to her school. She was quite infamous in her school. Jerry heard some students talking about a particular student who always arrived late to her dorm room, and she might likely be kicked out of the dorm soon. That one was easy, as students liked to gossip, especially the girls. Jerry just had to play the role of her cousin who was trying to find out information about her school since she hadn't been calling her home for days.

Erick was so proud of Jerry, that he gave him a few 100 bucks in bundles just for the information he received.

Erick was sure, when she was going to be in a tough spot, she would surely call him. And if she wasn't going to be in one, he would make one for her. He was willing to go extra miles. He found her personality quite catchy, and she was very intriguing. Erick liked to be intrigued. He liked to crack hard nuts open, and he was ready to crack her open. He wanted to know who she really was under those tough skin of hers. He wanted to really unravel the hidden beauty in her, if she ever had one.

To Erick, this was going to be a piece of cake.

                     * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Yasmine was not able go concentrate. It wasn't even about the man who suddenly digged up her information and threatened her with a complimentary card in hand with a cocky smile, but her own personal life. Things were suddenly becoming worse. She still hadn't saved enough for her mother's treatment, let alone get an apartment since she was going to be facing the committee soon.

Could things not get anymore worse than this?

"Yes Miss Meyers, could you please read page 30 of your book, Hamlet please?" Her literature teacher suddenly called.

Yasmine was lost. She suddenly shoot up her head when she heard her name.

"Huh?" She called, absentmindedly.

"Are you with us here, Yasmine, or not?" Her teacher asked. "Cause you've had your head up in the clouds ever since this lecture started." She said.

Yasmine could hear her classmates murmuring. They were talking about her, obviously. It was obvious, news got out that she was going to face the committee soon. Things weren't going her way at all

And come to think of it, when had it ever gone her way?

Yasmine sighed. "I'm very sorry Miss Patterson," She said and stood up. "but please excuse me. I'm seriously not in the right frame of mind today and I've started having severe stomach aches, can you please excuse me? I'm so sorry."

And before her teacher could even give her the go ahead, she was already out of the class.

Yasmine held her head as she walked go the restroom. With the way things were going, Yasmine wasn't sure she would be able to finish her final year as peacefully as she imagined it.