3. Hidden Beauty

It was another new day.

As Yasmine prepared for her lectures for college, she decided to go visit her mother at the hospital later in the evening. It's been long time since she was able t see her mom due to school stress and her strenous job.

But today she was going to visit her mother before she left to go to the club.

"Did you come back late again, Yasmine?" Her roomie, Tracy suddenly jolted her up from her train of thoughts.

"Huh? " She answered absentmindedly, then looked at Tracy and nodded. "Umm, yeah, I did."

"The dorm mistress came by yesterday, " She said. " She asked of you. When I told her you weren't around, she said she is getting suspicious of you. I think she has started watching your movements, Yas. Be careful. " She said and picked her bag before heading for the door.

"Ohh. . . " Yasmine muttered. She knew she was going against the rules. She wasn't allowed to come late at night to the dormitory, but she had no choice. She had to work. The dorm mistress isn't going to pay her tuition fees and dorm fees, and definitely not her mother's treatment at the hospital.

"Classes are about to start soon, " she heard Tracy say and she looked at her. "You coming?"

"Yeah, sure, just go without me, " Yasmine said. "I have to sort somethings out first. Just keep a seat for me. "

"Okay," Tracy said and headed out of the room.

Immediately she left, Yasmine sighed heavily and sat down on her bed. The words Tracy said to her got her thinking again. She knew if she continued to come late to the dorm, she would be sent out. It was bound to happen. Now she had to work twice as hard in order to save up to get an apartment in California.

She sighed. Things were always not going the way she wanted.

She stood up and packed her books into her bag before heading out of the room. She first had to attend classes. Then she would think about it later.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Erick was at his house, on the top floor, sipping wine at the balcony and having a nice view of the city when Jerry came to meet him.

"Boss, we've finally found Bruno's hide out," He informed Erick. "He's staying at a pent house in Philadelphia."

"Oh really? " Erick said, as he sipped his wine gently. "So he bought himself a pent house in Philly with my money, huh? " He chuckled gently. "Send me the details. " He said. "I want to know everything about this pent house of his, and how he acquired the money to get it. Bruno's a bastard. I'm sure he ran away and used my own money to buy that house of his."

"I'm guessing so too boss," Jerry concurred. "When you striked a deal with him he didn't have any penthouse in Philadelphia. I'm sure the last time he got missing was the time he was preparing to buy the house with your own money from the deal without us knowing about it. "

Erick scoffed. "I must say, he's pretty smart. " He said. "But it seems like Bruno has forgotten who I am, and the kind of person he made a with it. It's up to me to remind him now."

Erick sipped his wine and said; " When you've found information about him, keep me posted. We'll trap him in his penthouse and if I find out he really betrayed me and ran off with my money, he'll see the dangerous side of me. "

"Yes boss. " Jerry said and left.

Erick was still sipping his wine when a servant came over to inform him that someone was there to see him.

"Sir, Mr Sinclair is here to see you. " The maid said.

"Tell him I'll be there shortly," Erick said.