28. Living Arrangements.

To be honest, Yasmine didn't know which one was worse; having to parade herself to the world as the wife of one of the most famous billionaires in the country and go on dinner dates with him and his family, or having to go to school with guards watching her every move, and having to lie to her best friend about the whole thing.

“We have to do something about the guards that are going to be around me, Mr Dunn,” she said, facing him with the documents still in her hands. “My life is already complicated as it is. Why make it worse?”

“First, like I said earlier,” Erick started; “Those guys are very important. You have to understand. You're going to be under inspection in the eyes of the world and paparazzi are going to be all over you when this whole thing blows out of proportion, so they are going to be there to protect you. Besides, apart from that, people are probably going to be coming after you to use you against me for my business. So it's for your own good for now.”

Yasmine was confused. What did he mean by people were going to be coming for her?

She looked at him, but she could tell that if she asked about it, she won't get any answers, so she was quiet.
Erick didn't know how to tell her the secret he was hiding from her yet. He couldn't tell her about the drug cartel just yet. She was going to be in mortal danger, but he was going to be ready to save her. He was the one who got her involved with him, so she was his responsibility.

“By the way,” he said, looking at her. “It's Erick to you.” He said and gave a small smile.

Yasmine didn't smile back, but she understood what he meant.

“Okay,” she said.

“I'll take this out tomorrow to reprint and we can sign on it when they are ready,” he said. “For now, I want you to be comfortable around this house and around me. And oh…we'll have to go to the registry to sign our marriage papers. Fake marriage papers, of course.” He said and Yasmine heaved a sigh of relief.

“When are we leaving?” She asked.

“Tomorrow,” he immediately replied. “But first, you're moving your things here.” He said with a tone of finality.

Yasmine's eyes flew wide in shock.

“Wait, here?” She said. “So you weren't joking about that?”

Erick looked at her and gave a small chuckle.

“Wait, you thought I was joking?” He said. “I wrote it out, remember? I already said it, and it's going to happen just the way I said it. End of story.”

“No, I have a right to say where my things are going to be at,” Yasmine said, immediately stepping right in front of Erick when he was about to pass. Their faces where so close together, even Erick was taken aback by her boldness. He had to say, he was quite impressed. No one ever tried to corner him and look at him face to face like apart from his father.

This girl is something else, he thought.

“You'll have a right to say where they will be put at, right in this room,” he said instead. “If that right enough for you?”

“Mr Dunn…Erick,” she immediately corrected herself and Erick stood back and looked at her.

“I'm sorry, Yasmine,” he said, but he wasn't looking really sorry. “Your things are coming here. They are already on their way, infact.”

“What?” Yasmine said and she heard a knock on the door. Erick took a remote on the bed cabinet and pressed a button in it towards the door, granting open access to it.

“Come in,” he said, and the door opened gently.

“Miss Meyers' belongings at your room, the way you asked, sir,” an old maid said calmly.