20. His Echoing Threats

Erick had never been proud of himself the way he was today. He gave her the fright of her life that it would be hard for her to escape his clutches.

He would frustrate her and all of her efforts that she would have no choice but to come to him.

No matter what he took, he would do it.

Patrick came by the next day.

"Hey, Patrick, I have your Hidden Beauty," He said to Patrick when the latter came to his house for a drink. Patrick was quite surprised.

"Really? You do? " Patrick asked." Is she really right here?"

"No dude, she isn't here," Erick said. "Just because I said I have Hidden Beauty doesn't mean she's right here with me." He sighed.

"Ohh," Patrick said. "So how do you have her?"

"In my grasp," Erick said, chuckling as a sly smile came to his face. "I have her at a crossroads so bad that she won't have any other option but to come to me herself."

"Really? What did you do?"

Erick then narrated all the story to him, from how he met the real her, till this day.

"But dude, she's really a tough but to crack," Erick admitted.

Patrick laughed. "Ahh, I told you!" He said.

"But the fact is that I have her now," Erick said wkth pride. "It won't be long before she comes to me herself. She already did once, I'm sure she'll do it again."

"Only if she really has no where to go and no one to run to,"Patrick said. "Cause trust me, that girl can go invisible right in your very own eyes."

"That's not gonna happen this time around," Erick said.

Patrick sighed and raised his beer up in the air. "We'll see," He said as he drank it.

Though Erick was sure she has no one to run to this time around, he was still skeptical. What if Patrick was right?

Could she really turn invisible right in front of his very own eyes?

"By the way, what's her name, dude?" Patrick asked.

Erick smiled. "Pay me before I tell you," He said. " It was hard finding out what her name was even."

Patrick laughed. "Fine, I will, just tell me."

"Yasmine." Erick said. "Yasmine Meyers."

"Yasmine Meyers,"Patrick repeated, thoughtfully. "Meyers. . . Meyers, doesn't that name ring a bell? "

"None that I know of," Erick said, sipping his drink.

" That surname seems quite familiar." Patrick said.

"There are many people who can bear those names, Patrick, chill," Erick said.

Patrick shrugged. "I guess you're right." He said.

Yasmine had no where to go, so she went to class by morning, and came back to the hospital at night to sleep in her mother's ward. It was all good and she was allowed, only because doctor Armstrong paved way for her. She was truly thankful the man was so willing to help her without getting anything in return. Yasmine didn't have much people in her life, so the ones she had, she cherished them. Sometimes in her free time, she helped the man's children with their school work and taught them their assignments when whenever she went to his house. Doctor Armstrong was a widower, and with his job, he didn't have time to look after the kids himself, but he hired a maid who helped the child as well. His children, a boy and a girl were quite understanding, as they were a little grown, both in high school, and they knew the kind of job their father was doing. But despite all that, doctor Armstrong always made sure he had time, even though it was just a little for the children. Yasmine loved visiting. It made her look like she was family, like she had a family she could call her own. But life's a bummer. Anytime she stepped out of the house she was always reminded of her own fate, and sadly she had no other choice than to walk into it everytime.

Yasmine's mother kept asking her about the man who saved her life, and when she would get to meet him, and everytime Yasmine would cleverly evade the question, but she knew she couldn't for long.

Gosh, seeing that man infuriated her, so how could she personally call him to meet her mother? It wasn't like she was going to introduce him as her husband. He just helped her, that's all and he's making it look like he breath life into her mother again, giving her ridiculous deals, and foolish threats.

Even her mother was making the whole situation frustrating for her. She couldn't even tell her mom that she had lost a place to stay and she was working as a stripper to make ends meet.

How could her mom worry about meeting a man who lived his life like a king obviously and threatened her to death?

Life was so not fair!

No matter what happened, Yasmine knew she had to pay Erick Dùnn back for his favor or she might end up dead with his echoing threats in her head before he even came to kill her himself.