33. Signing the Marriage Certificate (I)

"About the question I asked," Yasmine called again, waiting for his reply. "Would you like to eat?"

He looked at her and paused for a while before nodding his answer.
Yasmine smiled and walked away.
Immediately she was out of ear shot, Erick cursed under his breath.

Why couldn't he form any words from his mouth? He just nodded his head like a freaking idiot.

He sighed and face palm himself, before opening the door of the room and he stepped in.

Yasmine got down the stairs and she was greeted warmly by the few staff she already got herself acquainted with. She smiled and engaged in little conversations with them, until Rachel came and cleared her throat, making the maids disperse. Yasmine turned to see who did that and she stood face to face with the elderly woman she met yesterday in Erick's room.

The woman Erick referred to as Rachel.

"You must be Miss Yasmine," she said in a calm and demure voice.

It was the first time she spoke to Yasmine face to face, and so she didn't really know how to respond.

"We're making acquaintances for the first time today, Miss Yasmine," Rachel continued, not stopping to allow Yasmine reply to her first question.

"Please...call me Yasmine," Yasmine finally found her voice. She gave a small smile.
Yasmine noticed that apart from the blue uniforms the maids wore around the house, she was the only one to be wearing black.

She must be a respected worker in the house, Yasmine noted. And just like a lady who effortlessly had respect with elders, Yasmine gave this woman the respect she felt she deserved, although she wondered why Erick always addressed her by her first name.

Well, she shouldn't be surprised.
She knew the kind of man Erick was. And she probably guessed that the man had no choice but to just accept that Erick could call or refer to her however he wished since he was her employer.

Rachel smiled. "Okay, Yasmine," she said, her wrinkles slightly showing. By looking at her clearly, she was a Chinese elder lady, but she certainly had gusto and exuded enough confidence and elegance that Yasmine had no choice but to be impressed with by her.

She was really beautiful too and her skin glowed.

To be honest, Yasmine was envious of that. An older woman who still had grace.
"Mr Dunn told me you liked things done your own way in the kitchen. Plus, you liked making your meals yourself. And the maids in the house told me about much about you." Rachel's voice interrupted her trail of thoughts.

"Oh..." she said gently. "I do like making my own food, but it it's going to be a problem..."
"It's not going to be a problem, Miss Yasmine," Rachel smiled, a smile that clearly showed from her eyes and cheekbones.

"You're Mr Erick's guest, and with what I've been told, his soon to be wife."

When she said that, Yasmine bowed her head and shifted uncomfortably. She didn't really like the idea of an elderly woman knowing her now affair with Erick. And she wasn't going to be his official wife. Just his wife on paper.

"If you like to cook yourself, I can gladly let you and help you out as well by showing you were some necessary things are meant to be kept at all times. I was told you made quite a mess the last week you tried doing it on your own."

Yasmine bowed her head in embarrassment when she remembered how she had almost burnt down the kitchen while trying to operate the expensive oven while she was trying to bake a little cake to take to her mother the other day.

Miss Rachel was right. She really knew how to use certain things in the kitchen and get things done.

"I'd like that very much, thank you, Miss Rachel," Yasmine smiled.
Rachel smiled and nodded calmly at her. "You're welcome my dear," she said, her voice as calm as the clear water.
"But first, shall I make breakfast for you and Mr Dunn today. I was told you are heading out today."

"Today?"
"Yes, so I was told," Rachel concurred. Seeing that Yasmine was lost, she continued. "You should rather ask Mr Dunn yourself."

Yasmine nodded her head and smiled then.
"Great," Rachel responded. "Shall we?" She gestured to the kitchen.

"Oh yes, sure," Yasmine answered excitedly as they proceeded to the kitchen.

*********

Erick already had his bath and he was earnestly waiting for Yasmine to call him down for the food she made. She already asked like fifth minutes ago, so what was the hold up?
Unable to contain his curiosity, he decided to go back downstairs himself and see what was happening. He took his bath quickly and hastily too so as not to keep her waiting.

He went out of the room and was already coming down the flight of stairs when a maid approached him.

"Miss Rachel asked me to tell you to come down for breakfast," she announced the errand she was sent.
"I'll be down soon," was Erick's reply. The maid bowed a little after hearing his reply and went back down the stairs immediately.

Erick suddenly slowed down. Why was Rachel sending a maid to call him down for breakfast? Was she the one who made breakfast? Didn't Yasmine say she wanted to do it? Or did Rachel stop her from doing so?

No. No, Rachel wasn't someone like that. Well, guessing it out and thinking the worst was not going to solve anything. He had to go see things for himself.

And he went down the stairs. As he got closer down the stairs, he started hearing small talks. Getting down the stairs and striding straight to the kitchen, he recognized the familiar voices of the people who were making small talks.

Yasmine and Rachel.

They were even smiling and Yasmine was giggling that she didn't even notice his presence. Infact, none of them did until he cleared his throat, and the both of them looked up at him instantly.

"Oh, Mr Dunn," Rachel called, inviting him with a smile. "Your breakfast is ready. It wasn't much because of your outing, but Miss Yasmine did her absolute best," she praised, and Yasmine's face flushed in excitement.

"What's for breakfast?" He asked, as he settled down gently on the chair and awaited his own portion to be served to him.

"Baked sweet potatoes,bacon and eggs and coffee for you," Yasmine answered herself smiling as she raised a glass of juice. "And orange juice for me."

Erick felt a small smile coil round his lips.

"Oh by the way, Miss Rachel told me I was supposed to follow you to an outing. What for?"

"We are going to court."

Yasmine's eyes widened after hearing the word court.

"Court? Why?"

"We're going to sign our marriage certificate."