17. An Unconscious Woman in His Arms

Erick had no idea of what to do. She was suddenly talking, and then she collapsed into his arms. Just as he was about to place her on the bed, Madame Glenna entered the room.

"Oh my goodness! What happened to Yasmine?" She asked as she hurried beside the unconscious girl. Then she looked at Erick with baleful eyes.

"Mr Dùnn, did you do something to her?" She asked.

"Of course not, " Erick said and he looked at Glenna. "She was talking to me, and she suddenly collapsed. "

"Oh my word," Madame Glenna said. "She is going through a lot and she already exhausted herself. What should I do now?"

"She's been through a lot?" Erick asked. " What are you talking about, Madame?"

Madame Glenna sighed as she spoke. "Her mother's at the brink of death and she needs money to pay for the woman's surgery or she will die before tomorrow afternoon, and besides, she has no where to go. She got kicked out of her dormitory."

Erick didn't say anything. He knew she had problems with her school and her mom's predicament wasn't new to him. He knew everything about her.

"I don't know where to keep her now," Madame Glenna said. "I can't leave her here in this club, it's too dangerous for her, and she can't go to the dormitory where she stays like this. It will arouse suspicion. Besides, it's late "

"I'll take her to my place," Erick suddenly decided and Madame Glenna looked at him in surprise.

"Are you sure about that, Mr Dùnn?" She asked him.

"I'm sure," He said. He suddenly bent and picked her up bridal style and marched out of the room. Madame Glenna was very surprised. She couldn't believe her ears. Mr Dùnn wanted to take her to his house?

Though she was surprised, she followed him to his car. Glenna helped Erick open the door of his car and he kept her at the back seat. After making sure she was lying down in a comfortable position, he closed the door and got to the driver's seat and got in.

"Are you sure she would be okay with you, Mr Dùnn?" Madame Glenna asked her.

Erick nodded as he turned on the car ignition.

"She would be fine, no worries, " He said. " I have housekeepers and maids that will attend to her needs."

"Okay sir, please drive safely," Madame Glenna said before Erick drove away.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Though it was known that Erick loved women, he never brought any home, except Tamina who always came on her own free will.

But seeing an unconscious woman in his arms suddenly was very astonishing.

A lot of questions were raised immediately.

Who was she?

Why was she unconscious?

What made sir Erick bring her into the house?

Rumors went round immediately. This was something serious.

Erick hurriedly took her to the guest room abd laid her on the bed. She was looking tired, and all her makeup smeared her face. Erick immediately called for one if the maids in the house.

"Make sure you take care of her needs and let her sleep peacefully. If possible, change her clothes and clean all the make up on her face. It won't be good if she woke up looking like this tomorrow morning."

"Yes sir."

And with that, Erick left the room and went to his. He was slightly worried about the girl and he thought about what Madame Glenna had told him about her mother. The woman wouldn't make it after the next day if her surgery wasn't done.

Picking up his phone, he called Jerry.

"Hello boss?" Jerry said immediately he picked up.

"Send me the address of Yasmine Meyer's mother's hospital immediately." He said.