01 | The Attack

Insight into the chapter

"Being a daughter of a mafia boss is hard, but when your dad gets kidnapped by a rival mafia clan, and you need to save him by worming your way into the mafia prince's heart, it gets even harder.
Especially when you find yourself falling for him in return."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week ago

I watched the clock just as the tiny bell above the door dings. One o'clock, on the dot.

My client enters the massage parlor while I was leaning against the receptionist's desk at the small massage salon in downtown Chicago. It was no one else but you.

"Good afternoon!" you wished gracefully.

So, my info was correct. Jungkook Jeon is always on time.

The receptionist girl, Lucy, who is as beautiful as she is naive, beamed at you. "Nice to see you again, Mr. Jeon. You are welcome to get settled. Someone will be with you shortly."

"Thank you, Lucy," you said.

That is him. That is my mark.

With a nod of thanks to Lucy, you settled onto a couch. You pulled out your phone, checking your messages, your other hand sprawled over the backrest.

The photos I gathered did not do him justice. He is a very good-looking guy!!! But still... he is the enemy. I must never forget that.

I took a moment to assess your muscular figure, wide shoulder, your mesmerizing tattoos, and flirtatious smile that could melt ice caps. A smile aimed at me and my ogling.

Damned! Busted!

"Samantha, babe! Did you hear me?" Lucy hissed at me, and I was taken out of my thoughts. "Smith! Stop drooling!"

Samantha Smith? Huh? Oh right, I am no longer Eun Jeong Park, a mafia leader's daughter, and a professional killer, but Samantha Smith, a humble massage girl. I have to play this right. I have to find my father before it is too late.

As the head of the rival mafia family, Chan Yeol Jeon, Jungkook's father, was the most likely suspect of my father's sudden disappearation.

With a little luck, I will be able to get close enough to Jungkook to extract some valuable information on my father's whereabouts.

"Smith!" yelled Lucy.

I turned to Lucy, back to playing my part.

"Oh! Sorry, Lucy, I just got lost in my thoughts for a second."

"Mmm... Lost. That is exactly how I feel every time I set my eyes on him!" she says with a dreamy sigh but then caught herself schooling her features and plastering back on that welcoming smile.