03 | Honey Trap 2

Insight to the chapter

"He is ordered to kill you when he finds you. What would you do to not let him find you when you are living in the same house with him?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Piccola..." Your eyes went wide as they fell on me.

You grinned playfully as your gaze finds my curve. I was aware that this combination does not leave much to the imagination.

"From all the variety you chose THIS? It makes me feel like one lucky bustard!"

"You approve?"

I gently ran my fingertips over my collarbone as you smiled shyly.

"Piccola, you look delicious. But first things first. I need to fetch the first aid kit." Could you give me a hand?"

"Of course!"

"Great! Thanks."

You handed me the first aid kit as you settled on the sofa.

I sat next to you and focused on treating the wound. Every now and then you flinched but stayed silent for most of it.

I glanced up and noticed you studying my features intently.

"There is something about you, Piccola. Something different than other women. I cannot put my finger on it, though."

Oh crap! He is really perceptive! I need to distract him.

"Oh! Well, this is a very nice place. It is comfy."

Your eyes never left mine and I felt in my guts that...

He gets it. He gets that I am trying to distract him.

After a moment of silence, you said, "Yeah, we have had it for a while. It is not much but it is a good place to... escape. And having someone like you by my side makes this escape better."

I could not help but chuckle at your words. When I saw your gaze locked to my lips, I bit the back of my cheek to calm down a little.

Eun Jeong, concentrate!

"So you come here often?" I asked.

"I actually come here when I want some alone time, away from everything," you answered

"Yeah, I get that. Wanting to get away from it all."

"You do?"

I added the final layer of disinfectant on your wound and put the patch back, realizing I almost regret my words.

I guess I got too personal...

"I guess you would, you seem the type. Like I said. Cannot really put my finger on it," you said.