08 | Breaking Bread With The Enemy

He is a tough nut to crack! I feel it with every fiber of my being

"My son!" he exclaimed, and your posture immediately straightened.

His expression was stony and alert. I stood up and stepped closer to you, giving you the comfort of proximity.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend, Eun Jeong Park."

Finally, Chan Yeol Jeon turned his heavy gaze to me, piercing me with it.

I need to be extremely careful around him.

He measured me with his gaze, and I felt chills over my skin.

"So, its her!"

He took a long puff of his cigar, the dark pools of his eyes inspecting me as if I was a prize-winning animal.

"My son told me that you were with him when he was most viciously attacked."

"Yes, I was, Mr. Jeon."

"Please call me Don Chan Yeol. However, I am also told that you two are dating. When I heard that, I knew I just had to meet you. All things considered, I am very grateful that you are able to join us here tonight, Miss Park."

My skin crawled as he stepped closer. The dense fog of cigar nearly stifled me.

"I hope we will have the pleasure of your company for a very long time," he said.

Oh, he really like to be in charge just like Jungkook. So, I should just play along.

I lowered my gaze pretending to be embarrassed with his highest attention.

"Don Chan Yeol, thank you for your hospitality."

Then he waved dismissively, sending cascades of smoke billowing across the room.

"Think nothing of it, child. My son speaks highly of you, and that alone is enough to freely..."

Before he could finish you cleared your throat loudly, interrupting him in between and stepped forward.

"Dad, I believe Eun Jeong still has a few things to do to get ready for dinner. Perhaps we could talk further then?"

Chan Yeol Jeon raised an eyebrow in amused skepticism.

"Is that so, Eun Jeong?"

"Well, just a few touches on my hair."

He took another step closer, and the scent of the cigar almost made my gag. He came closer to my left ear and whispered, "I like the way you are supporting my son already."

He then took a few steps back and said, "Do not be late."

He headed to the door and just as he was about to step out, he turned around looked past me at you.