In This Life (Kanda + Alma) D. Grey Man

Hi all, I know it's been a long while since I've updated this. And I'm sorry.

I've gone through so much stuff in the last few months. From a couple of family members passing away, to moving to a new apartment, to working in a new place.

My life was hectic. But I'll try my best to update regularily from now on.

I wrote this without thinking so I apologize if it's bad.

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING!!!
This is a poly school reincarnation au.
Contains: Blood, Suicide, sex.

Enjoy.

------------------------------------

[Your POV]

Ruins.

Everywhere you'll look, you'll find ruins. Chaos. Blood. Death.

I was the only survivor in a war we knew we'd never win. But we had to try. Somebody had to stand up and fight. Somebody had to stop the evil from spreading across the world.

But now everyone is in a pool of their own blood, dead. They did their best, but they'd still failed. The enemy was too strong, for them. For me.

I searched in the middle of the after battle, of the two people I knew I'd find among those dead bodies of my comrades. They had to be here.

Limping around, I walked here and there. I could feel every single wound, cut, and bruise on my body. Every part of my body hurt, and I was losing too much blood, too fast.

Pressing a hand to my side to try and stop the bleeding somehow, I grinded my teeth together to focus on anything but the pain. It proved to be hard.

After only God knew how long I searched, I finally found them. I don't know if I should be relieved that I've found them, of heartbroken that they both, were dead.

I fell to my knees close to their unmoving figures, unable to stop the continuous tears from sliding on my face, or the agonized scream from leaving my lips.

Their clothes were torn, dirty, and smeared with blood. Their faces were bruised and bloody, hair sticking to their foreheads.

The both of them were holding each other. Even in death, they chose to be by each other's side. They chose to leave me alone in this cruel, terrible world.

Both men were lovers. They have been dating for longer than I remember. They were always together, and I've always thought they were soulmates, when I knew no such thing existed. Still, I ended up falling for them.

I've loved both of them, but I've always suppressed my own feelings because they were together. I've always promised myself to tell them one day. Some day. But now, I'll never get the chance to do so.

They never cared about me. They never thought of how I could be able to live my life without them in it anymore. I simply never mattered to them.

I was never even in the picture.

Looking at their relaxed faces, numbness took over me. I knew I was in a shock. I knew I wasn't in my right mind at this moment. But I chose my own fate.

I took a dagger out of its sheath, where it was attached to a belt around my waist staring at the gleaming metal under the daylight, my mind went blank.

I took a deep breath, and slit my throat.

♡♡♡

I gasped as I woke up, springing up from the bed, trying to catch my breath, and willing my heartbeat to go back to normal. Hand reaching out to my throat, seeing it was still intact.