Chapter 3

I stood in the doorway of Hades' palace for a few minutes, trying to decide whether to actually go try to hunt down my assigned victim or not. I had put it off for too long, and even if I didn't like to do it, I could just hit that stupid angel with demon magic if it came to that.

When I finally found him, the man had sat down on a park bench and fallen asleep with an open book on his lap. And the annoying angel was sitting down next to him.

"Dammit," I said, frowning. He lifted a hand and waved. "Hi."

"What are you doing?" I said, walking over to stand in front of him. 

"Sitting," he said, casually.

I rolled my eyes. "Seriously though, can't you just leave the guy alone so I can take his soul? You don't need to keep guarding him from me. Just pretend I caught you off guard or whatever."

The angel shook golden hair out of his face. "I'm not guarding him."

I frowned again. "Then, why are you here?"

"I wanted to see you," he replied. 

"Uh, um," I said, completely taken aback. "Uh, why?"

"No particular reason," he said. "You interested me, that's all."

"Okay," I said, raising his eyebrows slightly. That was kind of creepy. "Well, if your curiosity's been sated, can I go now? Unless you're gonna let me take his soul." I waved a hand in the direction of the human.

"No," he replied, crossing my arms. "I want to know your name."

"Why?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Well, I plan on seeing more of you, so-"

"Wait, wait, hold up for a second," I said, before he could continue, raising my hands in front of me. "We're not talking to each other after this."

He rolled my eyes and grinned at me. "Of course we are. I want to be your friend, so..."

"U-um," I said, staring at him. "Angels and demons aren't friends. It...doesn't happen."

"I don't care," the angel said, shrugging. "I don't like rules, in general."

"It's not a rule," I said. "It's a...I don't know, it's a custom."

"Then why not?"

I sighed, giving up. "Fine. It's Nico."

"Huh?"

"My name," I replied, using the tone one would use to explain something to a small child. "It's Nico."

He smiled. His positivity was getting on my nerves. "I'm Will."

"Okay," I said uncertainly, thinking quite hard about how I'm going to deal with this.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said, standing up. "Meet me here, at the same time?"

We stood there for a minute, staring at each other awkwardly.

"Alright," I said suddenly, deciding I should just humor him. "I mean sure, whatever."

Will grinned. "Great. See you."

I watched as he spread his wings and began to fly away, and he was almost out of earshot when I called.

"Will!"

I turned. "What?"

I smiled slightly. Maybe this wouldn't be that bad, having a friend other than Reyna. "See you."

_______________________________

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter and lack of actual writing other than dialogue. Next chapter will be longer, I promise (I say this every time, don't I?). Not my best work, overall, sorry, but next chapter will be semi-okay.