49

Half ass edited, sorry not sorry

*Colby's POV*

"Coco?" Gemmma said, my eyes glancing into the rearview mirror.

"Yes G?"

"We dare yet?" She asked, and Leighton snickered.

"We just left baby" I responded, holding back a laugh when she groaned.

"Go far?" She asked and I stifled my laugh, nodding.

"Yes Gemma, we're going far"

"Ugh" She huffed.

The first hour Leigh and I listened to Gemma complain, and then cry, and eventually go silent.

Leighton peaked over my seat, "She's asleep. Hopefully she'll stay out for a few hours. I knew getting her up at 6am would be a nightmare"

"It's going to be okay. She'll make it"

Two hours in, I was the only one awake, watching the sun start to fully rise, Gemma's little snores making me feel at ease.

We stopped for gas and Leighton was still passed out, but Gemma was up so once I filled the car, I took a sleepy Gemma into my arms, grabbing the diaper bag.

"We go?" She mumbled, rubbing at her eye, leaning on my shoulder.

"We're gonna go change your diaper" I said softly, Gemma wincing at the bright lights.

I locked the family restroom door, relieved that Gemma was still tired and didn't throw a fit whilst I changed her diaper.

"Done? " She asked and I nodded, pulling her pajama pants back up and disposing of the diaper.

I grabbed a few waters, ready to go pay when we passed the snack aisle, "Some?" She asked, pointing at Cheez Its

How was I supposed to say no to her?

I've never seen a toddler so excited for a snack in my life.

She was wiggling against me, shaking her Cheez It's as we left, my heart swelling at the sight of this two year old girl excitedly freaking out over a cheese cracker.

"Coco?" Gemma asked loudly, making me jump since the car had been so quiet.

"Shh G, mommy's sleeping" I reminded her, glancing in the mirror at her.

"We dare yet?" She loudly whispered, making me smile.

"We're getting there bug"

"How long?"

"5 hours. If you sleep it'll go by quicker"

It was quiet for a moment.

"Coco?"

"Yes Gemma?"

"Where go?"

"We're going to my momma's house"

"Oh.... why?"

"Because I haven't seen my mom in a while, and I want her to meet you" I said, glancing at the mirror, seeing her play with her stuffed cow.

"Oh"

"Are you excited?"

I wasn't sure how to take her silence.

"Coco?"

"Yes Gemma?

"Juice?" She asked and I sighed.

"Can you wait?" I asked, not being able to hand it back to her whilst driving.

I pulled over and turned on Gemma's playlist, hoping she'll sleep again when Leighton wakes up.