Chapter Fifty-Two

I should have put this at the bottom of the last one...whoops!...but...also...enjoy... or don't...my bet is on the latter!

*****

Pierre Gasly spotted taking photos with fans in New York the day of the Alpha Tauri car launch
Maybe it was by mistake or maybe it was by design, but either way - the appearance in the Big Apple came as a surprise to a few people. Alpha Tauri drivers Yuki Tsunoda and Nyck deVries brushed off the appearance at the hotel they were staying at as a coincidence although fans managed to snap plenty of photos of the driver reuniting with his rumoured girlfriend and photographer for his old team, Jamie Mathers.
Rumour has it he was there as moral support for her on his way back from a training camp in Dubai before his new team's car launch in London a few days later. While he was in New York, he was not seen at the launch event which has confused fans before he was then seen in the airport the following day...what do you think? Worlds most romantic pit stop from a supportive boyfriend?
Edit: Posts by fans seem to confirm this theory, as the two were photographed and videoed embracing in the restaurant area of the hotel before Pierre walked his girlfriend out the front door of the hotel and the pair are quite clearly seen kissing.

Gasly seen in LA
Pierre Gasly seems to be taking his last shred of free time before the season begins in LA, having taken time off from his trainer and many team obligations - switching it up for the surfing waves of LA. He's been spotted out and about with some friends. Despite initially being seen with rumoured girlfriend and his old team's photographer, Jamie Mathers, she seemed to be missing during the second part of the trip...coinciding with Gasly's choice to return to the clubs after a few quiet days with her.

*****

"Hey," I say shyly as I walk through the front door of the mansion that Pierre apparently owns in LA. It was freaking stunning and my idea of a safe haven, I could already tell, although maybe more luxurious than my own taste. I wasn't two steps into what could only be described as the lobby of the house when he swept me into his arms, crashing his lips down onto mine and I found myself immediately responding to him. Needy all over again after it had been a week since we had seen each other and almost a month since we had spent a decent amount of time together.

"Tu m'as manqué," [I missed you,] he mutters as he pulls away and I nod against where he had pulled me against his chest. "Sorry I didn't get you from the airport," he says as he pulls away and leans down to grab the bags that were around me as I shrug and look around the huge white glistening hallway. It was a modern home that's for sure, everything seemed to sparkle.

"It's okay - sorry I had to delay coming out here...just got busy with work - but at least it was fun, I think the photos I got were really good and-" I trail off as we walk into the bedroom he had been leading me to and I watch him pick up his phone from where he had clearly been lying before he had rushed to say hello to me. Scrolling through his phone I could see that he was no longer listening. I tried to push the frustration to the back of my mind as I took in the rest of the room which was obviously amazing, everything was bright, white, clean...perfect really and the balcony had double doors which led out to the most amazing view of the beach. With another quick check towards Pierre who was now sat on the sofa in his room, scrolling through his phone I made light work of unpacking my bags before dipping into the en-suite to change into a bikini hoping that might somehow grab his attention.

Two months ago I couldn't get him to keep his hands off me after we had been apart for a day...now it was like he was used to the distance, comfortable with it even. Maybe that was alright? I wasn't a particularly clingy girlfriend, I liked and actually sort of needed my independence to stay sane, so maybe it was good. We'd moved out of the constantly all over one another stage...well, he had anyway that much was clear.