Chapter 6

"Bambina you need to get up now!"Shouted Carina from downstairs.

It was Ivy's first day at her new school and she had been putting it off for so long it had become something she was dreading.

"Bella you need to get ready for school."Said Carina as she walked in with Lilli on her hip.

Ivy hopped out of bed as Carina went back downstairs.She walked into the bathroom and got ready and then went downstairs.

"Come on Ivy I have to get to work."Said Maya as Ivy was putting on her shoes.

Ivy kissed Lilli goodbye and hugged her mama before following her mom into the car.

When they got to school Maya said

"Ok have the best day honey and go to see mama at the hospital after school because I'm in a meeting."

"Ok mom."Ivy replied as she walked into the building.

Maya and Carina had called the school and told them about Ivy and her past as well as her panic attacks and the school had told them that it would all be taken care of.

Ivy walked into her first class and sat down in the only empty chair. She could hear people around her giggling as she took her seat and felt even more self conscious that she already was.

At the end of the day, Ivy walked the 5 blocks to the hospital where her mum as waiting for her.

"Ciao bella how was your day?"Asked Carina

"It was fine."Said Ivy who was obviously lying.

"Are you sure bambina?"Continued Carina

"Yes I said I was fine!"Replied Ivy

"Ok bella let's go and get Lilli from daycare and then we can go."Said Carina.

They went to the daycare, collected Lilli and headed to the car.

"Bambina could you take Lilli while I put my stuff in the car?"Asked Carina as she handed Ivy her little sister.

Ivy took her sister and gently rocked her from side to side before putting her in her car seat.

Once they were home Carina made Ivy a snack. Ivy ate it and went upstairs she opened her phone to see lots of horrible messages from one of the kids in her new class.
A single tear escaped from her glazed eyes.