The ball

Authors note:Vivepei SethDragon WaffleconeCannible DashingWaffle and Many-Galaxies ANYBODY THAT IS ENJOYING THE BOOK I would love any of you make a stunning art piece of this chapter from my favorite scene in Van Hellsing (2004) the monster ball scene. Where Dracula and the woman are in front of the mirror. But with Mephiles (Dracula) and Knuckles (the woman).

Knuckles tries to convince Shadow to come to the ball, but shadow didn't want to attend. Knuckles sighed and goes to get ready for the ball. He walks down in a long dark red coat with gold stitching over a white button down shirt, ruffled tie, black pants and black knee high boots. "Wow...." Shadow said watching him clip the cufflinks. Knuckles fur was pulled back in a bun except two dreads. "I'll be home around midnight" he said walking to the door. "Knuckles be safe...." Shadow said and knuckles nods before leaving. Shadow felt deep down something was off. Once it gotten more dark he went to hunt for blood but found the town empty. "Odd.... Where is everyone?" He wondered and saw a deer in the woods. He attacks it and enjoys the blood. "Perhaps I should feed on this instead of mortals" he smiled. He sudden gets a vision seeing Mephiles attacking knuckles and falls back into a tree. "I need to get to the ball!" He said and bolts to the palace.
Knuckles sips on the wine looking at the people talking and dancing. "Quite the turn out.... But I wish shadow was here..." he thought and finishes his wine. He walks around talking to others when he bumps into a black and teal hedgehog in a dark black suit with grey ruffle tie. "Oh pardon me" "Quite alright sir" he said smiling. "I never seen you around before" knuckles said. "That's because I tend to travel around since my brother has taken the throne" he smiled. "Wait.... King sonic is.." "my brother yes he is" the stranger said. "Forgive me your highness" knuckles bowed. "No need for bowing sir. My name is Mephiles and you are?" He asked chuckling. "Knuckles sir" he replied. "Care to dance with me sir knuckles" he smiled holding out his hand. "I don't know if I should Mephiles" knuckles said not wanting to offend his kings brother. "It's just one dance knuckles" Mephiles pulls the echidna close suddenly shocking knuckles. He takes him to the ball dance floor. Sonic smiles seeing his brother take knuckles to the dance floor. "Knuckles you have no idea that this ball is a trap for my brother to claim you and to make you one of us~" he thought. "Listen Mephiles I— whoa!" Mephiles turns the echidna. "You know your eyes are the most stunning I have ever seen~" Mephiles whispered in his ear. "You are such a rare beauty~" he continued as he place his hand under his chin lifting it up exposing part of his neck. "Tell me do you desire finding a enteral mate?~" he hissed on the expose neck making Knuckles shiver. "Well yes but— hey!" Mephiles turns him again to face him. "I been seeking a spouse for a long time~ and I had my eyes on you since my minion followed shadow to your estate~" he said. "Oh my god..... are you and the king vampires?" Knuckles asked. "Yes we are and tonight I make you mine~" Mephiles grinned. "Shadow already claimed me so forge— ah" Mephiles tilts knuckles in front of a mirror. "Shadow had deny me for a century but now I shall claim the one he loves. Look at us we are more perfect together~" he smiled. Knuckles looked in the mirror seeing only his reflection. "My god...." His eyes widen in fear. He looked up and saw fangs grow in Mephiles mouth and eyes glowed a hellish blue putting him in a trance. "You are mine~" he said traveling his hand up knuckles body rising him up to bite his neck. "Mind if I cut in" shadow said abruptly and takes knuckles away from Mephiles dancing with knuckles. "You ok?" Shadow asked as knuckles shook his head breaking the trance. "Get me out of here shadow...." Knuckles begged. Shadow nods and the two ran out of the palace. Shadow saw the king and knew knuckles was no longer safe anywhere. He highjack a coach and they rode to knuckles estate collecting his money and clothes before leaving the town. Knuckles falls asleep in the coach as they rode off.

"Don't worry my rose I'm taking you somewhere safe...."