Stormy night

Story inspired by the sonadow comic kiss of a vampire

London

The town was sleeping peacefully as the candle lamps are lit on the streets. Yet a muffled scream breaks the silence as a shadowy figure glides on the brick building. "Damn it!!! I thought we found the bastard!!!" Said a cop. "Guess we must report to the king's Informant about this" said the other as they stare at the dead body.
Knuckles wakes up at the crack of dawn to the loud banging of his front door. "Ughhhhh" he gets up and drags himself down the stairs. He swings the door open and sees the two policemen. "Let me guess we got another victim...." He said and they nod. "Very well come in for some tea while I get dressed." He said. "Elena please make the gentleman some tea please." "Yes Sir" the maid bowed. Knuckles enters his room and sees the outfit laid out by the butler. "Thank you James" "my pleasure sir" he said and leaves the room. Knuckles get dressed in his black pants, collared shirt with ruffled tie, wrapped his waist with the belt and buckled his boots. He pulls his long red fur back leaving two layers on the side of his face. He grabs his satchel as he leaves his room and walks down the stairs. "Let's go gentlemen" he said and they leave.
They arrived and knuckles is no longer sicken by the corpse. He writes down the way the victim was found, the wounds, and time of death according to the police. "This is the 10th one this month it's time the king was informed" he said and summoned a carriage. Once he arrived to the castle the king welcomed him along with his future queen. "King Sonic, Princess Amy I wish I was here with good news but I'm afraid we have a serial killer on the loose." He said. "All who were attacked are random but are attacked only at night." He finished. "My king might I suggest a curfew and to have the candle lamps lit by dusk?" Said a two tail fox. "I agree with that tails. Page I need this to be urgent as of today everyone must be in before dusk. Including the candle liters" he commanded. "Yes my king" the hawk bowed and leaves to the town crier. "Keep me posted Sir Knuckles" "I will my king" he said and bowed leaving. As he rode home he looked up at the sky as he heard the town criers spreading the news. "Looks like there's going to be a heavy storm tonight" he said.
He was right as he was going over the papers to give to the king by the end of the week the rain pounded against the large home. Knuckles had sent his maid and butler home with pay since he needed time for himself. The storm grew more heavy to the point no one should be out. It started to get late so knuckles decided to head to bed since the sound of rain and thunder relaxes him. He removes his shirt and lays in his bed drifting off when suddenly a loud banging at the door startled him. "What the?" He gets up putting his shirt on unbuttoned and lit a candle. He walks down the stairs as the door knocks again. "Who's out this late? And in this kind of weather?" He thought and opens the door seeing a stunning black and red hedgehog soaking wet. "Please sir I lost my way in the storm might I stay the night?" He begged with sad red eyes. "Of course come in sir" he said letting the wet stranger in. "Here let me start a fire for you and get you some dry clothes." Knuckles said sitting the hedgehog down. He starts the fire and walks upstairs to get the stranger some clothes. When he came back down the hedgehog was near the fire holding out his hands. "Here ya go let me show you to your room" he said and lead the hedgehog to a room downstairs. "Thank you sir" he said and enters the room. Deep down knuckles felt like something was off about the guy so he decided to lock himself in his room just in case. His bad feeling was spot on. As the echidna slept a mist flows through the key hole and cracks of the door. The mist forms into the hedgehog who quietly approaches the sleeping echidna. The clouds part and the full moon lights up the echidna's body stoping the hedgehog. "My god.... So beautiful....." he thought. "I shall make him mine~" he extends a large pair of fangs and goes for the red neck when something stops him. He looks at the sleeping echidna once more. "Why can't I drain him?!" He thought and felt his undead heart beating the more he admired him. "Could he be my destined lover? That would make sense as to why I can't drink his blood" he thought and caressed his face then a lock of his fur.

"Yes... he is.... My rose... my succulent rose...."