chapter six

After school on Wednesday, I was staying behind for cheer practise and considering I was kind of light and small, I was going to be a flyer for his routine. Nathan was the base so his hands were touching my ass as he lifted me, some senior girls were the side bases and I squeaked as I was lifted, then told to pull my leg over my head, and I did so easily.

After holding it for five seconds I was let down, Nathan having to wrap his arms around me and I bent my knees as I landed and turned around to Nathan, thanking him.

"So I've heard that you and Ash broke up?" He asked, making me shake my head.

"We're on a break, and at Halloween we'll be fine again." I said flatly. "Besides its none of your business."

"It is when my team mate is sad about a stupid boy." Nathan said with a smile, "Honestly if Ashton is being a shitty boyfriend, tell him and he'll fix it. When we were dating I told him he was being distant and rude and he fixed it, he started hanging out with me more, and then he told me about Niall--but still, just talk it out with him." Nathan said and I hesitated before smiling and nodded.

"Thanks."

We went through the routine again and it was fast pace as it had to go with the fast Katy Perry song and I wobbled as I was lifted up by Nathan and the two girls--Chloe and Casey before I was lifted up but I was suddenly heading for the ground.

I fell to the blue floor mats and I winced as I landed on my right arm. I gritted my teeth as I tried sitting up. The team surrounded me and Kim sat beside me, "Fuck, you okay?" She asked, touching my shoulder. "What hurts?" She asked when she noticed my wincing.

"My arm." I hissed, holding my arm with my hand. "I think it's broke." I said, looking up at them.

"Right, some one go to the office and tell them to call an ambulance and explain what happened." Kim said and Chloe ran out of the gym and ran through the school. "Okay, Luke do you want us to call your mum?"

I nodded, and Nathan grabbed my bag and I got out my phone and called my mum. "Mum?" I asked, holding the phone in between my shoulder and my head. "Can you meet me at the hospital please?"

"Honey, why? What's wrong? What did you do?" Mum asked worriedly and she started fumbling. "I'm coming right now, tell me what happened."

"I just fell in cheer, it's my arm." I said and looked down at my lap at all the stares from the squad. "Just meet me, it hurts."

"I'll be ten minutes." She said.

Chloe ran back in to the room, "Luke's gotta go to the office, they're on the way."

Nathan took it upon himself to lift me up bridal style, Kim grabbing my bag. "Okay, everyone head home. We'll tell coach we can't do the routine on Friday." She said and everyone started to leave, Nathan and I leading as everyone left through the office. People told me to not cry and to get well soon and they said goodbye. Nathan set me down on the sofa in the office and the lady at the desk shook her head at me.

Nathan and Kim sat either side of me on the sofa and I leaned back in the seat. "You guys don't have to wait." I said.

"Well we're staying." Kim said, "I'm not letting you go alone, this is my squad and you're on my team." She said, with a smile. "Besides us gays stick together." She grinned making me laugh.

"You like girls?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I'm a single pringle." She said, and I looked to Nathan.

"Got a boyfriend?" I questioned.

"Nah, not since Ash." He shrugged, "Not interested in anyone anyway."

And we talked about boys and girls and who we thought was attractive and we learned the office lady was in to the head teacher and I told her to ask him out, making her blush.