chapter seven

"I want to break up."

My heart physically ached as the words met my ears. I gulped and blinked hard before licking my lips.

"W-What?" I asked softly, "You want to break up?" I felt my eyes prick with tears, and then I heard Ashton sniffle over the line. At least he felt bad.

"I-I just don't think this is working out anymore, Lu, I-I'm so sorry." He let out a small sob and I did the same.

"N-No please, I love you." I whimpered.

"Luke, you kissed Louis." Ashton said quietly and I whined.

"I don't like him, I was drunk and he kissed me then I want you, I love you. I always fucking will and if you want to break up, there's zero chance of us getting back together after this--"

"Please stop crying." Ashton begged softly and I let out a small sob, people giving me sympathetic looks as they walked pass. "I hate it when you cry, please don't princess."

"Do you not love me?" I asked, closing my eyes. "Did the past year mean absolutely nothing if you're gonna dump me, over the phone?"

"Of course not, Luke. I love you so much but if you're having trouble with who you want to be with, then I'm gonna let you go--"

"No!" I yelled. "I love you!"

"And I love you too." He whimpered. "Don't make this harder than it is, baby."

"Don't call me that." I let out a body wrenching sob and curled closer to myself. "If you do this, you can't call me that and no princess or kitten or babe or anything. No more fucking nicknames, no more sex and no more cuddling or kissing or holding hands and no more me, okay? If you want this to be over, you can't ask me back out when we see one another again."

I heard Ashton gulp and sniffle before he said it: "I-I'm sorry, it's for the best."

I sobbed before hanging up the phone and my body shook with sobs in to my knees as I realised. I was fucking alone, I didn't have Ash and I snapped at Louis and I don't fucking know what I want.

I sat up suddenly and grabbed my bag before leaving the school hall ways and heading to the car park. I got out my keys and unlocked my car before climbing in. Thankfully it was an automatic so I didn't need to use the gears. I drove out of the car park and headed home before running up to my room.

Thankfully no one was home when I got there so I easily grabbed a duffel and filled it with some clothes before getting essentials like chargers and tooth brushes and my make up before zipping it up. When I was done I picked up my purse and saw I had some money so I headed down stairs to get the jar of money mum has.

I opened it, taking a few notes before closing it again. I wrote a note out to my mum saying I'd be gone, only for a while before I headed to get my bag.

I left my school stuff before putting my things in the boot of my car and got in the drivers seat, looking to my left to see the camera on the seat, and my laptop in my bag.

Then I drove. I didn't know where but at some point it was late and I was tired. So I stopped at the nearest hotel in a city I didn't know and I parked my car before getting my money and headed inside with my bag.

I approached the front desk and the lady gave me a smile, her name tag reading Natalie. "Hi, can I have a room for one please?"

"How many nights?" She asked.

I frowned, "I don't know." I admitted. "I just ran away from home." I said.

The ladies sweet smile faltered and she gave me a sympathetic look. "I'll book it for a week and if you're still here, I'll continue adding week by week, does that sound okay?" She asked.