chapter seventeen

My first 5sos concert, bless

-

The doorbell rang at half past eight so I ran downstairs mid way doing my make up and opened the door. "Hi." I smiled at the blonde girl at the door, "You work for the Irwin's don't you?"

The blonde nodded, she held her hand out. "My names Maddie, they asked me to babysit for you."

"Oh thank you." I let her in, "Michael is just getting ready, he'll tell you what to do. Alex is in his bouncer in the living room." I took her in to the living room and she cooed at the small baby bouncing.

"He's adorable." She said, sitting down in front of him, and he bounced harder, letting out a giggle. "Hello Alex." She stroked his cheek.

Alex flapped his hands around, "I'm just gonna finish getting ready, I'll be right back."

Maddie nodded and I ran upstairs to my room to grab my mascara and then walked to Michael's room, "The babysitter is here." I said, adding more mascara, I was a pro of doing it with out a mirror. "She's cute, names Maddie."

"Is she cute in the sense you'd make out with her like you did with whatshername at that party?" Michael asked but I shook my head.

"Nah, I'm pregnant, I can't be kissing people. Beside's if you haven't noticed I have a boyfriend, who's house we are currently living in." I said, going back to my room and adding some more eye liner to make the flicks. I picked up my light pink lipstick and added that and then I put on my shoes and grabbed my school bag.

"Mike, do you have lunch money?" I called, leaving Ashton's room and closing the door behind me.

"Yeah," he yelled coming out of the guest room, he walked towards me. "Can I trust Maddie with Alex?" He asked, a little hesitant.

"Yeah, she's worked as a maid for the Irwin's for like two years." I shrugged. "She was there the first time I went round for dinner."

Michael nodded, "Isn't she like young though, why doesn't she go school?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, ask her." We went down stairs and then in to the living room and Maddie was playing with the toys with Alex. "Okay we get out at three, we usually get home at ten past."

Maddie nodded, so I asked. "How old are you?"

"I'm eighteen." I nodded, "I dropped out at sixteen, school wasn't my thing."

Michael smiled and began to rant, "Well okay, we'll see you later. There's a list of things that Alex can and cannot eat and so just stick with that, we're going food shopping after school so tomorrow there will be more choice--"

"Oh we could go shopping for you." Maddie said smiling, "Me and Alex can have a field trip."

"Please." I said, "That'd be great." I grabbed my purse from my bag and handed her some money from Anne and Will's dispense and then gave it to her. "Get whatever you think is good."

She smiled, checking her watch, "You guys should be heading to school."

"Okay, we'll be seeing you." So we left the house and got in to my car. I started the ignition and began to drive to school. Ashton lived a little closer than my old house so I was thankful for that.

But then we ran out of petrol. "Awe fuck, no, no, no, no." I frowned as I had to pull over to the side of the road. I turned off the ignition and undid my seatbelt.

"Lu, it's ten to nine, we won't make it if we walk." Michael said, getting out of the car as I did. I slammed the door shut and sighed. "Babe, let's just go. Don't stress, just cmon."