chapter twenty seven (+)

A little smut to make the pain go away

-

I walked down the stairs the next morning in my clothes and my school bag, ready to go. But once I got in the living room, Ashton glanced up from the sofa with a coffee in hand, "Where are you going?" He asked.

"School." I dead panned and made my way to the kitchen for food but Ashton grabbed my arm.

"Your mum called in, you have two weeks off, to y'know, recover." I sighed and put my bag down before slumping on the sofa beside Ashton. "I'll make you some breakfast, what do you want?"

"Just some toast please." I muttered and Ashton kissed my forehead, and stood up going to the kitchen. I grabbed the control for the TV and put on Netflix and Orange Is The New Black. I was half way through series two as of last time.

After a few minutes through the episode Ashton came back with a cup of tea for me and some toast and I smiled softly, taking it and thanking him. Ashton sat beside me, kissing the side of my head. We went in to a comfortable silence until we finished our food, Ashton put the plates on the coffee table and I lay my head on his shoulder. "I love you, y'know." Ashton whispered and I nodded.

"I know." I said looking at him and kissing his lips. "Sorry about my break down last night."

"No need to apologise about it." He mumbled, kissing me again. He held my cheek and went a little deeper making me smile in to the kiss as his tongue pushed in to my mouth.

I slid my arms around his waist and tugged him close as we kissed and Ashton pulled back breathy, "I'm sorry this happened to you, you're too special for this."

I simply nodded because I couldn't protest anymore, I had Ashton constantly reminding me it was okay. "I'll just need some time, to get over it." I whispered against his lips, pecking him once more.

***

I handed Ashton the Alan key and he put it in the bolt before twisting and I watched as the screw came out the hole slowly. We were taking apart the crib in our room. I picked up another key and started on the next bolt and Ashton gave me small glances and shy smiles and I just shook it off to him being protective and to see if I'd break down again.

"Hey Luke, do you want to put the clothes in the box, with the bottles and things?" Ashton asked gently and I nodded before going across the room to the pile of baby clothes. I picked them up and looked down at the small sheep that was embroided on before sighing a little. I put them in the box, at the bottom before taking the box down stairs and to the kitchen. I opened the cupboard to the baby things, like bottles, bowls and spoons along with bibs which had a little cows on them. I put them in the box one at a time, taking my time with it.

Then I heard the doorbell ring so I went to the door, Ashton sitting at the top of the stairs to see who it was, as I stood on my tip toes through the eye hole, but it was covered. I sighed and unlocked the door before opening it to see all our friends. Like everyone. "Oh hi." I smiled.

Michael leaped forward and hugged me tightly making me chuckle and I heard Ashton come down the stairs. He stood beside me, "What are you doing here?" He asked one person, and I pulled out of the hug and I them saw the tan skin and brunette hair, blonde at the ends. Mali.

She bit her lip, "I just wanted to come over and see how Luke was." She said quietly. "I'm not here to cause trouble, I promise."

Ashton was about to say something but I took his hand in mine, "It's fine, you can come in." I told her with a small smile.