chapter fourteen

a couple of you said to just skip forward into the night so i decided to do that, i apologize if it's a weird time skip. this book is about to get darker as it's going to start focusing on tyler's hyde, you have been warned.
tw/cws: threats and talk of killing, some brief descriptions of violence, gaslighting

***

wednesday's sleep was peaceful that night until it got ruined by herself this time.

she was having a dream. she wasn't sure if it was a dream or a nightmare but it was like one of her visions, it was rather quick and vivid. but she saw enough for it to worry her.

in it she was being held by the throat by tyler's hyde. she was struggling and gasping for air while the hyde growled at her and almost seemed to smile, viciously. his words would echo in her head the rest of the night and into the morning, "who would have ever thought you'd be so stupid to let me trick you again. this is the end wednesday, i am the end of you."

the creature's claws dug into her flesh for a moment before it let her go and went to swipe all of its claws deeply across her neck, the last thing she saw before she was back in reality.

she woke up with a gasp and she was sweating. she didn't know how to feel, most of her visions in the past had been true but she also knew not all visions were to be trusted. she didn't want to believe this one but why would she get a fake one after all her others had been true?

she got up to take a bath, wanting to wash away the gross feeling it gave her and her sweat. as she did she thought about whether or not she should check on tyler. she was worried for herself but she knew her dream might be a sign that tyler was having trouble with his hyde, if they were as separate as he had told her.

the hyde had been pretty quiet recently, at least to her knowledge, so it did make her wonder how he was doing with it. and when he would have trouble with it next because she knew it was something he wouldn't be able to control and keep down all the time.

once she got out of her bath and put on a simple collared shirt and pair of pants, she decided she would check up on him. she put on socks and a pair of boots too and put a knife in one for protection since she wasn't sure what she would be walking into, if anything at all.

she crept down the hallway, feeling more scared than she had ever been in a while. she listened carefully, trying to see if she could hear anything at all but it was quiet, eerily quiet. a silence that made her feel uneasy. like something was wrong.

as soon as she entered his room she knew her gut feeling had been right because he was already awake and standing by the window, staring out into the woods. as she took a couple more steps in he turned and looked back at her before he approached her, grabbing her by her collar with both hands, similar to how he had the night he tried to kill her. a part of her wondered if he was going to turn into the hyde like in her vision but he didn't.

just the words he spoke were laced with such strong venom that even wednesday wasn't immune, "i should kill you. laurel wanted you dead. i know she especially would now since you ruined her plan."

while she knew the hyde had been quiet for a bit she was confused of how and why this was coming out now rather than a couple days ago but she supposed maybe tyler had been doing a good job at suppressing his hyde until now. or maybe she just hadn't run into him at a bad time beyond now or since the first time when she caught him in his hyde form.

even though she didn't like his words as they hinted at her vision possibly coming true, she remained neutral, "you don't want to kill people like you tyler." 

"sure, maybe not. but i'll kill you, there's nothing special about you," he seethed.  the hyde obviously hated wednesday and wanted her dead still.

"you're contradicting yourself, you didn't think that a month ago," she wanted to get tyler back, the actual tyler. she knew she wasn't talking to him, or at least hoped she wasn't. the slight crazed haze in his eyes, similar to how they had looked when hyde spoke in the police station, was a sign that this was hyde tyler.

"don't tell me you think my feelings for you are real," he laughed, obviously amused.

"i know they are," she responded firmly. one of her hands had started going down to reach for her knife.

he scoffed, "humor me wednesday. why would i like someone like you?" he had let her go but kept the closeness between them which made her retract her hand, he wasn't a physical threat, for now.

his words hurt her but she wasn't going to let him see that as she instead agreed with him, still trying to get actual tyler to come back, "i don't know, why would you?"

"so then we agree, i wouldn't."

"you know that i know that's a lie," she stared hard into the eyes of something she didn't love. of something that intrigued her but scared her too.

"no. you're just desperate. you want me to like you so badly. you want us to be real because you liked the fantasy i made you believe," he smiled an evil smile. wednesday felt a pit in her stomach begin to form, hating how his words were starting to sound closer and closer to what he had said in her vision.

wednesday gritted her teeth, "i could care less if you liked me." that was probably one of the biggest lies she's ever told.

"really?" he harshly grabbed her chin to keep it in place, so she would have to continue looking him in the eyes as she lied.

"yes really," she spat, trying to match his venomous tone as she glared at him with a murderous gaze.

he leaned down as he brought himself really close to her face, to where she could feel his breath and his words became so much louder, "i'll only believe that if you can work up the courage to kill me before i kill you."

she knew that he knew she wouldn't do that so she despised his words. she roughly pulled out of his grasp and briskly walked out of the room. she hated herself for the fact that she had to blink back tears.

it hadn't been what happened in her vision but it was damn close and she knew it was only a matter of time before her vision would come true. she didn't want it to but she felt it was inevitable. she hated the irony, that the boy she had feelings for would literally be the death of her.

***

do y'all hate me for this chapter lol? i don't blame you if you do. but oh it was so fun to write, i love angst, especially with this pair and involving tyler's hyde.