chapter twenty three

tw/cws: cursing, descriptions of blood/wounds, self inflicted injury, attempted sewerslide, talk/mentions of sewerslide and negative self feelings, trauma, etc. again if any of these make you uncomfortable/are triggering to you, please don't read this chapter. your mental health is more important. this is just another very sad and emotional chapter in general so please be warned and keep that in mind before reading. ❤️

***

when morning arrived wednesday wondered to herself how her mom would keep her and tyler separated at breakfast, if she was even going to. she wouldn't be surprised if they were still allowed to sit next to each other, since the likelihood of a vision being prompted by just sitting near him seemed rather low. hopefully it wouldn't be an issue. that was, if her mom would still let them, of course.

she and tyler both walked into the dining room around the same time, each of them giving morticia a questioning look of "can we?" the elder nodded softly from her seat at the end of the table and the pair simultaneously let out sighs of relief as they took their normal seats next to each other.

as they sat and started eating wednesday wondered if her dad was aware of all that had happened in the last day. she figured that her mother probably informed him, but she didn't know for sure. but she wasn't going to bring it up unless he did first.

unsurprisingly and slightly to her relief, pugsley ended up speaking first, directing his words to tyler with a wide smile, "hey ty, would you like to meet kitty kat today? you haven't met him yet and i think he'd like you."

tyler gave wednesday a nervous look as she explained simply, "he's our pet lion."

"a lion?" he repeated, his eyes widening with surprise.

"yes." she was tempted to roll her eyes at him.

pugsley smiled brightly, waiting for his answer as he added, "i can introduce you two!"

"it may be better if i do that, pugsley," wednesday chimed in again automatically, only for her to remember that she wouldn't be allowed to. her thoughts were only proved correct as her mother spoke up, "if tyler decides he'd like to, pugsley can take him."

wednesday nodded back, her and tyler exchanging a disappointed look but not arguing, knowing better not to.

after a moment of slightly awkward silence he finally answered the younger boy, giving him a slight smile, "sure."

"can we after breakfast?" he replied back eagerly.

tyler nodded, "yeah."

breakfast was rather normal and pretty quiet. uneventful. but wednesday preferred for it to be that way so she wasn't complaining.

and when the end of breakfast came around they all left the room, pugsley starting to drag tyler away by the hand to see their big cat.

when tyler caught eyes with wednesday she mouthed to him, turning amused at his panicked expression at her words, "don't get eaten."

***

a while later wednesday decided to take a walk outside, wanting some fresh air to try and clear her thoughts a bit. she was so set on trying to figure out what else there was with the hyde but she knew she couldn't let it consume her, stress her out. she'd figure it out eventually hopefully. and if not, oh well, it didn't really matter, as long as hyde would keep liking her. as long as he wouldn't turn on her.