chapter ten

after supper wednesday headed back to her room like usual though before she could close the door tyler appeared. "what do you want?" she asked, threatening to close the door in his face.

"to ask a question," he responded, giving her an innocent look.

she opened her door slightly, "make it quick."

"do you like xavier?" he seemed genuinely curious and had a neutral expression which was different than normal for him when it came to talks about xavier. she didn't like it.

"did you even hear the conversation at supper?" she answered. he got his answer then, she didn't see why he was asking her again now.

"i did but you could've lied, i know boy problems isn't necessarily a topic you're super eager to share with your parents," he replied matter of factly. he wasn't wrong.

she let out an annoyed huff, "no, i don't like xavier."

"do you still like me?" he gave her a small smile.

"the first question you asked me was if i hated you, don't get ahead of yourself," she shot.

"it's just a question and you did answer no to hating me," he pointed out with a small shrug and a know it all kind of expression.

"i'm not obligated to answer." she directed her gaze past him, not wanting to look at his stupid (cute) face.

"you've asked me questions, am i not allowed to ask some back?" he was using logic now and it annoyed her.

"you can ask questions, just not about that," the more she spoke the more obvious she realized she was making it. she cursed herself. it didn't help though that he was so insistent and to her misfortune, charming.

"why not?" he quirked up an eyebrow.

"because it doesn't matter." it did but she wouldn't tell him that. it wasn't that important right now anyways. she wasn't sure what it would take to get him off the topic.

"doesn't matter? wednesday-"

she cut him off, "stop talking about this or i won't even be your friend again."

it came out harsh but tyler knew why it had and it made him smile slightly in amusement as he put his hands up in surrender and laughed nervously, "okay sorry."

"are you done now?" she glared up at him as she crossed her arms. he found it funny how defensive she had gotten.

"yeah," he nodded, still smiling slightly.

"good," she replied before she shut the door, leaving him standing there to make his assumptions of what that conversation revealed in regards to wednesday's feelings for him.

she knew she probably shouldn't have been so mean but she also wasn't someone who would make it blatantly clear she still liked him. besides, she had told herself she would make sure to keep their relationship as only friends until she figured out everything she needed to.

though she had a feeling that she was going to break that and she knew if it came to that point she wouldn't stop herself.

***

a shorter chapter but hopefully still good. it'll get more interesting soon.