chapter twenty one

tw/cw warning for this chapter! some cursing and some violence/blood, as well as hints to being suicidal and negative thoughts/talk and talks of killing, mentions of/violence with knives, etc.

***

later in the day wednesday decided to take tyler's advice and actually go to her mother to talk about her visions. she knew he was right, as much as she didn't want to admit it. she didn't have goody's help anymore to navigate her visions and that left her terribly confused sometimes. she knew her mom would be the second best resource for help on the matter.

she found the older woman in the study again and stood on the opposite side of the desk, waiting until she noticed her.

it didn't take long as she spoke without looking up from her book, "yes, my raven?"

"i'd like to have a talk about my visions. without goody some have left me lost and you are the only other person who has knowledge about them," wednesday explained, trying to be as formal as possible. emotionless. she didn't want to show that they were bothering her too much.

her mother set her book down as she looked at her daughter, nodding slightly. she smiled warmly, "what's concerning you about them?"

she struggled for a moment, unsure of how to word it and how much she should reveal. she decided to keep it rather vague, for now, "i've been having some different ones lately..."

the elder raised an eyebrow at her, "different how?"

"well, one came as a nightmare and i had one two nights ago that was intertwined with reality. it involved tyler's hyde touching me with a claw. i felt it, but it hadn't actually been there," she elaborated, closing her eyes slightly and wincing, remembering how it felt all too well.

morticia nodded slowly, "i see. some may not be of concern, like your nightmares or visions like your normal ones... but if they're starting to get intertwined with reality that isn't a good sign. as a raven though your visions are always meant to show you the darker things and with tyler, the hyde is his dark side in a way. so that may be why your visions of him have only really related to the hyde. is that correct?"

wednesday nodded, "yes, that's correct."

before her mother could explain more she added, "the hyde might be affecting me too, i think he may have some sort of psychic ability. xavier would see it in his dreams and that makes me curious about the hyde's abilities." while she knew that was partly because of xavier's psychic abilities too, it was still odd. odd that the hyde would have been only affecting his dreams. because if everyone with psychic abilities were having dreams about it xavier wouldn't have been the only one. wednesday would have been in that group too, but she never had dreams that it haunted. not until now.

her mother contemplated that information for a moment as she nodded, "that is a possibility as well. tyler may be fine and your visions may not come true. it could just be the hyde trying to scare you, to make you think things are going to turn bad. he also may be doing it to use you to scare tyler, if he wants to "win" in a way."

"i won't let that happen," she replied through gritted teeth. tyler needed to win over the hyde, not the other way around.

"i know my dear, but there is only so much you can do. if any of your visions draw blood please let me know," she said, giving her daughter a concerned expression.