20.

"So, cute kid," Dean compliments.

"Thanks."

"Kids are the best, huh," he adds. I glance at Sam, shaking my head. I hold back my laughter, as we walk toward the motel.

"There it is. Like I said, two blocks," she says, looking at Dean. "Must be hard with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line," she adds, before walking off. "Enjoy your stay."

""Kids are the best"? You don't even like kids," Sam points out.

"I love kids," he defends.

"Name three children that you even know," I smirk. He goes to start counting but doesn't. I shake my head, walking toward the motel.

"I'm thinking."

~ ~ ~

"So there's the three drowning victims this year," Sam says.

"And before that?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, six more, spread out over the past 35 years. Those bodies were never recovered either. If there is something out there, it's picking up its pace."

"So we got a lake monster on a binge," Dean asks.

"This whole lake monster theory-- it just bugs me," I admit.

"Why?"

"Loch Ness, Lake Champlain-- there are literally hundreds of eyewitness accounts, but here, almost nothing. Whatever it is out there, no one's living to talk about it," I explain.

"Wait, Bar, Christopher Bar-- Where have I heard that name before," Dean says.

"Christopher Bar, the victim in May. Oh, Christopher Bar was Andrea's husband, Lucas' father. Apparently, he took Lucas out swimming. Lucas was on a floating wooden platform when Chris drowned. Two hours before the kid got rescued."

"That's horrible," I say as he clicks on the picture.

"Maybe we have an eyewitness after all," Sam says.

"No wonder that kid was so freaked out. Watching one of your parents die isn't something you just get over," Dean sighs.

*at the park*

"Can we join you," I ask Andrea.

"I'm here with my son."

"Oh. Mind if I say hi," Dean questions, before walking toward him.

"Tell your friend this whole "Jerry Maguire" thing's not gonna work on me," Andrea chuckles.

"I don't think that's what this is about," Sam says. I watch as Dean takes a seat on the bench, drawing something.

After a little bit, Dean walks back over to us, and Andrea sighs. "Lucas hasn't said a word, not even to me-- not since his dad's accident."

"Yeah, we heard. Sorry," Dean nods.

"What are the doctors saying," I ask.

"That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress."

"That can't be easy for either of you," Sam sighs.

"We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. It's just... when I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw..."

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with," Dean says.

"You know, he used to have such life. He was hard to keep up with, to tell you the truth. Now, he just sits there, drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wish--," she starts when she sees him walking over to her. "Hey, sweetie." He silently holds out a picture to Dean, and Dean takes it.

"Thanks. Thanks, Lucas."