45.

"You're sure this is okay," Becky asks Dean and I.

"Yeah. We are officers of the law," Dean nods. We walk toward the house, and I pull a bobby pin out of my hair, inserting it into the keyhole. I jiggle it for a bit, before the lock clicks, and I open the door. I slowly step inside, taking a look around.

My God. There is so much blood.

"Beck, you want to wait outside," Sam asks her.

"No. I want to help," she states, ducking under the police tape. I walk toward the table, examining the things on it.

"Tell us what else the police said."

"Well... there was no sign of a break-in. They said that Emily let her attacker in. And the lawyers are already talking about a plea bargain," she explains, crying.

"Look, Beck, if Zach didn't do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?"

"Um, there was something about a week before, somebody broke in here and stole some clothes-- Zach's clothes. And the police, they don't think it's anything. I mean, we're not that far from downtime. I mean, sometimes people get robbed."

Dean walks over to Sam and I, speaking. "So the neighbors dog went psycho right around the time Zach's girlfriend was killed."

"Animals can have a sharp sense of the paranormal," Sam points out.

"Maybe Fido saw something," Dean says.

"So you think maybe this is our kind of problem?"

"No. Probably not. But we should look at the security tape just to be sure."

"Yeah."

"Yeah." Becky walks over to us. "So the tape-- the security footage? Think maybe your lawyers could get their hands on it. We just don't have that kind of jurisdiction," Dean asks.

"I've already got it. I didn't want to say something in front of the cops," she admits. "I, uh, I stole it off the lawyer's desk. I just had to see it for myself."

"All right."

*at her house*

"22:04-- That's just after 10:00. You said time of death was about 10:30," I say.

"Our lawyers hired some kind of video expert. He says the tape's authentic. It wasn't tampered with."

"Hey, Beck, can we take those beers now," Sam asks.

"Oh, sure," she nods, standing up.

"Hey, uh... Maybe some sandwiches, too?"

"What do you think this is, Hooters," she chuckles. She walks out of the room.

"I wish," Dean mutters.

"What is it," I ask.

"Check this out," he says, rewinding. I notice Zach's eyes glow.

"Maybe it's just a camera flare," Dean says.

"That's not like any camera flare I've ever seen," Sam shakes his head. "You know, a lot of cultures believe that a photograph can catch a glimpse of the soul."

"Right."

"Remember that dog that was freaking out? Maybe he saw this thing. Maybe this is some kind of dark double of Zach's-- something that looks like him but isn't him," Sam explains.

"Like a doppelganger."

"That would sure explain how he was two places at once, but there's something about this," I admit.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know... I just-- I feel like this is something else, something worse," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "I mean, she said their house got broken in to and some of his clothes were stolen. There's someone else out there that looks like him. I don't know. It's just-- weird. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too much in to it."