.5

⭐️

After finally arriving home from dropping his brother back to his own apartment, Jake trudged up the stairs, the muscles in his arms straining from moving heavy objects all day. Oh boy, how he looked forward to doing that all again after the two roommates had bought new furniture.

The sun was setting as the day came to an end, Jake unlocked the door to his apartment and immediately headed for his his room where he collapsed on his soft mattress. Atleast there was something comfortable now! There may be no bed, but hey, a mattress is just as good. Sprawled out across it, he rested his eyes for a little, finally being able to stop moving for the first time today.

Well, that didn't last long sadly. After around 10 minutes there was a soft knock at his bedroom door as Sunghoon called out he was coming in. As the door opened he quickly sat up from his awkward position, hair a mess and looking sheepishly towards Sunghoon. The raventte smiled at the other In amusement.

"Sorry I didn't know you were resting." He apologised awkwardly with a chuckle, a blush forming on Jake's cheeks as he ran a hair through his hair to make it look semi presentable. "We should probably get some food, so I'm heading to the shop if you want to come..." He offered, glancing over at the elder boy for his response. "If you want free choice at what you get I guess."

Jake internally groaned. No not at Sunghoon, he could never be upset with the boy's polite actions. However he really, really wanted to stay in his semi-bed and sleep away the aching in his joints. But the boy knew he was no where near ready to be left alone in the apartment, let alone as the sun was setting and it would be dark before Sunghoon got back. The thought of being left alone in an empty cold apartment, chilled him to the bone. He could already practically feel the paralysing fear and he wasn't even alone! So, he didn't have much of a choice here.

Go to the shop or, have a panic attack!
He chose the first option.

"Yeah sure, I haven't really eaten today anyway." He accepted, pulling himself up from the bed and stuffing his wallet into his hoodie pocket. Definitely was not letting the other boy pay again today.

Sunghoon nodded back, the two putting on their shoes before walking down to the local shop to pick up things for the next few days. They spoke quietly or let a comfortable silence overcome them in the beautiful evening. The sun was setting, skies painted with beautiful oranges, pinks and whites. Creating the prettiest parade of colours. The sounds of birds tweeting and drifting through the sky above. Jake's eyes practically sparkled as he stared aimlessly at the aesthetically pleasing sight. Not noticing Sunghoon beside him, admiring the twinkle in his eyes with a soft smile.

It wasn't cold by any means just a gentle breeze, it was still summer after all. The boys arms brushed lightly against eachother's on the narrow path, neither seemed too bothered by it to move. Jake enjoyed the company, he always enjoyed company. Forgetting all about his exhaustion, as he continued to walk with Sunghoon by his side.

As they were about to enter the shop, Jake remembered to ask his roommate about his conversation with Jaehyuk earlier. Still needing to know that his brother didn't embarrass him to Sunghoon.

"Hey, what was my brother telling you earlier? When he pulled you aside?" Jake questioned, removing his gaze from one beauty to the one next to him instead.
Sunghoon smiled at the question, as he opened the door to the shop, allowing the shorter boy to walk in first.

"It wasn't anything bad don't get worked up about it." He chuckled at Jake's painfully obvious worried expression. "Just told me to watch over you, mentioned it was your first time staying away from family." He explained, the elder peered at him, feeling like he was leaving something out. He dropped it though. Jake still felt rather embarrassed, blushing a little that his brother was treating him like such.

Still treating me like a little kid! He probably thinks I'm immature now.

He huffs out loudly and nods, pouting his lips a little per usual. Sunghoon had picked up on the little habit, finding it admirable.

"Hey it's only natural, it's just eldest sibling mentality." He joked, nudging Jake a little bit to reassure him. "They're always going to be protective, even when you're 40!" Sunghoon explains, Smiling down towards Jake.

"Are you the eldest sibling by any chance?" He raised an eyebrow and shot a glare back up to the raventte, who proudly nodded in response.

"Yeah got a little sister. Let's say I can get overly protective."

"She must be lucky to have you." Jake speaks with sincerity. While not knowing Sunghoon for long, he knew what a caring and kind guy he was already. He scoffed in response however, scanning through the selection of ramen as the two filled the basket with easy foods to make.

"You should tell her that! She definitely doesn't think so." Rolling his eyes, as he shoves more food into the cart. Jaeyun chucked, patting his shoulder. Understanding the sibling rivalry as the youngest. "All I do is try to help!" He scoffs.

"She'll appreciate you one day, I promise." He reassured, smiling to himself.

The two returned to a comfortable silence and small talk about what food to buy, and to Jake's relief, he managed to convince Sunghoon to let him pay. Insisting that it made sense for repayment for the meal the other night, it wasn't even as expensive either!

"Thanks Jakey." He says, the nickname taking the Australian off guard. A wide smile appeared on his face though, let's say he had no issues with being called Jakey by the boy.

Making their way back out the shop, the sun had almost completely disappeared, the pastel colours still visible on the horizon though. He adored sights like this. Anything pretty became an interest to Jake, he felt the urge to take a picture but frowning when he had left his phone his room. Oh well, he was sure there would be many other pretty sights to capture soon.

The trip was short, the two quickly returning back to the apartment and unpacking their items. Resulting in making ramen together in the kitchen. As it drifted into the peaceful night.

Jake slept easier that night, with the comfort of a mattress making it more comfortable and the calming presence of Sunghoon next door, he got a fulls night rest. He was glad Sunghoon became his roommate. Time seemed to fly fast with him.